• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

top 10 Magazines?

57 posts in this topic

Off the top of my head I can think of a few...

Aliens

Epic

Spirit World

The Mob

Thrilling Adventures #1 & 2

Famous Monsters (not sure if they are going to grade these or not)

Early Mad Magazines

Besides what's been listed already:

Heavy Metal

Alien (published by hm. Art by Bernie Wrightson)

Warrior (have to put this in there! First Printing of "V for Vendetta")

Chris

Alein was by Simonson. I'm looking for a nm copy if anybody has one....

Alein was by Simonson. I'm looking for a nm copy if anybody has one....

foreheadslap.gif I knew that. foreheadslap.gif

Yeah, I remember you were looking for one (I PM'd you a long time ago about one), and actually have been looking out for a copy. Have seen a few, but not NM's. Last one I saw was, I think, $40????

Chris

Some oddball ones I think will do well once people have got the keys & start searching for other books:

Vampire Tales #8 (1st solo Blade), #1 (1st solo Morbuis)

Deadly Hands of Kung Fu #11, 14 & 28

Planet of the Apes #29

Monsters Unleashed #3 (Son of Satan Preview)

Legion of Monsters #1

Creepy 113

The Kiss & Beatles issues of Marvel Comics Super Special

and lastly, that beautiful Starlord book by Claremont & Byrne/Austin in Marvel Preview (#11?)

If I had to choose a book that would really suprise it would probably be that Spirit World by Kirby w/ Adams cover. Very bizarre & pretty tought to find in nice grade.

Also, Adams did a ton of really beautiful covers on the Marvel Horror line back in the 70s. I wouldn't doubt that these books sell for a premium just for the covers.

I think it will probably depend on what they charge. If it's $30 or more a copy, I think it will limit the number of books that will get submitted.

Magazines didn't get saved that well and I doubt if there are tons of high grade copies, except for those that were "warehoused", and then there will be a lot of submittal of the same books (such as Creepy #1 and the Spectacular Spiderman's).

I do think CGC said they would do Famous Monsters, but not Playboy's.

Anybody have any idea of the price they plan to charge and if there will be more than one tier? I imagine the cost will be higheer than the comics.

ECFANMAN