• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM JIM 83

PGM JIM 83  

120 members have voted

1. 1. PGM JIM 83

30 posts in this topic

4.5...I think that filled in coupon knocks it down a full point...

I've seen CGC 7.0s with filled-in coupons on the back cover... and the book pretty much looked like a 7.0. (So, it's not like it was a 8.0 or higher if the coupon had not been filled-in.) hm

In my view, this would have no affect or .5 at most in this grade, but obviously I want to see what others think. ;)

When the thread has run its course, I'll reveal what the dealer grade it.

Sorry MC, No way, no how, does this book grade 4.5 :sumo:

6.0 :grin:

With those large creases along the spine, I can't see how this could be higher than a 5.5 at best, even without writing on one of the covers , which is what a filled in coupon is, after all.... (shrug)

With those large creases along the spine, I can't see how this could be higher than a 5.5 at best, even without writing on one of the covers , which is what a filled in coupon is, after all.... (shrug)

Yes, perhaps . . . on closer inspection, I believe that top staple has been replaced . . . and, it doesn't appear to be vintage hm

Yes, perhaps . . . on closer inspection, I believe that top staple has been replaced . . . and, it doesn't appear to be vintage hm

Maybe you should smoke another doobie and take a closer look at the book, stoner. :foryou:

Maybe you should smoke another doobie and take a closer look at the book, stoner. :foryou:

They are going to start nicknaming you trollfourforever!

I have a Tec #233 that I graded 5.0 (as I did this JIM #83), that graded 5.5 at CGC. It had a kids name written on the back cover at the top in pen. But it wasn't just written, they pressed down - way too hard. That to me knocked it down to 5.0. In the same respect, the amount of writing on the back cover detracts from the eye appeal, and thus to me relegates it to 5.0.

Tough one - i thought maybe a 5.0-5.5 what with the spine stress and readers crease, but knocked it down further for the writing on the BC and the other two pen marks on the top. i'd guess 4.5, but it looks so bright and nice.............would be an interesting one to get graded and see what happens...........

I went 4.5 based on the book-length readers crease and weakness around the staples. The rest of the book is sharp...so a good looking 4.5.

I don't think the writing affects this grade--personal opinion, don't know how CGC would see things.

I went 4.5 based on the book-length readers crease and weakness around the staples. The rest of the book is sharp...so a good looking 4.5.

I don't think the writing affects this grade--personal opinion, don't know how CGC would see things.

Exactly where I came out. (thumbs u

The extra wear around the top staple tips me towards 4.5 rather than 5.0. In any case, very strong eye appeal.

Now you made me inspect it again!

Nothing to indicate staple replacement. Both staples are identical and appear vintage. Tight as a drum in the centerfold with no signs of rebending. Typically, if a staple is replaced one would think the original was rusted or badly corroded. No signs of any sort of rust or corrosion transfer to paper to indicate that. The staple holes on the outside do appear slightly enlarged, but that is consistent with the slightly off center placement and reader's crease.