• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LA Comic Con 2/17/08 Katey Sagal (Leela), Stars of Jericho, Ken Johnson (V)

12 posts in this topic

The LOS ANGELES COMIC BOOK AND SCIENCE FICTION CONVENTION features the STARS and PRODUCERS from the returning CBS-TV series JERICHO on SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2008. There will also be a Premiere screening of a new episode. The names of the STARS and PRODUCERS attending will be announced at the Convention website the week of the show.

Also appearing will be KATEY SAGAL, who stars as the Voice of LEELA in the animated series FUTURAMA, and was PEG BUNDY in the long running series MARRIED WITH CHILDREN. KATEY will be signing autographs from 11:00 A.M.-4:00 P.M.

KENNETH JOHNSON wrote, directed and developed for television such classic shows as SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN, BIONIC WOMAN, V, ALIEN NATION, and THE INCREDIBLE HULK. KENNETH has written an all new Science Fiction novel based on the V television series called V: THE SECOND GENERATION, which will be turned into either a mini-series or feature film. KENNETH will sign all hardcover copies of V: THE SECOND GENERATION purchased at the Convention from 12:00 P.M.-2:00 P.M.

DAVID DORFMAN is the star of the new Paramount Pictures comedy DRILLBIT TAYLOR, which is produced by Judd Apatow (Knocked Up, Superbad) and Written by SETH ROGEN (Knocked Up, Superbad). DAVID also starred in THE RING, THE RING TWO, TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE (2003), and A WRINKLE IN TIME. DAVID will be signing free autographs from 12:00 P.M.-3:00 P.M.

AMY WOLFRAM is the Writer for the DC Comics mini-series TEEN TITANS YEAR ONE. AMY has also written episodes of the TEEN TITANS and LEGION OF SUPER HEROES animated series. AMY will be signing free autographs from 12:00 P.M.-2:00 P.M.

A DEALER'S ROOM full of OLD and NEW COMIC BOOKS, TOYS, ACTION FIGURES, TRADING CARDS, and much more is also featured. HARLEY YEE RARE COMICS will be attending this particular show. A NEW THE DARK KNIGHT FULL SIZE MOVIE POSTER will be given away with the purchase of the Premium Admission Ticket. For more details check www.comicbookscifi.com.

Overall, I thought it was a pretty good show. I managed to have a little chat with Harley Yee since I rarely see him there. He had 3 AF #15's, Human Torch, MM's, Caps, and a bunch of other GA books. I also saw Terry from Terry's Comics with his wonderful batch of books. Didn't get to stop by as he seemed busy talking to customers. Of course one of my favorite tables to shop at was Speroe's Comics. Bought about 7 Bronze age books with a pretty good price. My friends bought a DS Dark Knight poster and Indiana Jones..

I managed to have a little chat with Harley Yee since I rarely see him there.

Sort of true. Harley almost always does the show in Dec., Jan., and Feb. but almost never in non-winter months.

Thanks for the con report. (thumbs u

No problem.. I made it short and sweet. I wish I brought my camera though to take some pix :(

Tomorrow.....

Since I'll have a table there, here's a bump :bump:

Stop by and say :hi:

Oh, which dealer was you? I don't know if you remember a young looking guy wearing a black jacket, black shirt, and jeans.. But that was me :)

My table was directly across from Harley's. I actually brought mostly toys, so unless you were willing to look at my comic boxes on the floor, you probably missed me.

Harley didn't look very busy, unfortunately. I think this show doesn't usually attract the folks interested in Harley's goods - I mean it seems to be people looking mostly for cheaper, newer stuff, not so many Silver/Golden age collectors. I did okay with toys - but again it was mostly a lot of sales of Star Wars and Doctor Who single figures for $8 - $15 and hardly any sales of the larger, more expensive sets/toys that I brought.

It was only the second show I ever set-up at, and I did well enough that I will be looking at setting up at the next one in May. It was fun and quite an experience for me.

Tomorrow.....

Since I'll have a table there, here's a bump :bump:

Stop by and say :hi:

Oh, which dealer was you? I don't know if you remember a young looking guy wearing a black jacket, black shirt, and jeans.. But that was me :)

My table was directly across from Harley's. I actually brought mostly toys, so unless you were willing to look at my comic boxes on the floor, you probably missed me.

Harley didn't look very busy, unfortunately. I think this show doesn't usually attract the folks interested in Harley's goods - I mean it seems to be people looking mostly for cheaper, newer stuff, not so many Silver/Golden age collectors. I did okay with toys - but again it was mostly a lot of sales of Star Wars and Doctor Who single figures for $8 - $15 and hardly any sales of the larger, more expensive sets/toys that I brought.

It was only the second show I ever set-up at, and I did well enough that I will be looking at setting up at the next one in May. It was fun and quite an experience for me.

Oh I see, I guess I missed you then since I was mainly looking at comics. At least you did well this month at the convention. It's always a great experience attending one of these shows as you never know what you will find. I also was mostly talking to the guys who were selling those Mego superhero toys as I bought a Batman in mint condition one from them last month. I also bought a boxed Michael Jackson "Beat it" doll/toy for my brother who's a fan lol I hope he will like it as it is for his borthday present.

Harley Yee didn't seem very busy at all. The few times I walked across his table, I only saw about 1-2 people looking at his books on display. I guess when it comes to shows like that, people can only afford the cheaper stuff. I also realize that Harley overprices on his books, which may turn off a lot of customers. He was selling a supposedly an AF 15 in FN- condition for $8k :o

Having the show a week after the Orange County show would really put a damper on sales to the serious comic buyers. The walk-up crowd was probably a totally different base.

The reason big name dealers can do small shows like that is that they have such extensive mailing lists that they can arrange a lot of private buys and sells in the area during the week.

Did anybody talk to the guy from Nostalgia Zone? (Minnesota.) I understand he's taking a nice CA vacation and doing the same 15-day 3 con circuit as Harley. Orange County, Shrine, and Wondercon.