• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM JLA #3 - the one that hooked me back into collecting

7 posts in this topic

Back in 1994, I was invited to go to the Motor City Comic Show. I hadn't been collecting for 9 years but I went out of curiousity. I saw this JLA #3 and it was $30.00. I had no idea what it went for but knew I could afford it, unlike back in the early 80's when I was a young teenager. Up til this time, JLA #8 had been my oldest copy.

I know, it's not a beauty by any means. The bottom staple is pulled through the front cover though the cover is not loose there.

What do you think?

jla3.jpg[/img]

jla3b.jpg[/img]

Probably a picky 3.0 due to spine/staple wear, spine split at bottom, LRC. Nice for the grade tho!

just about what i was thinking, as well. maybe a 3.5, if lucky...............but with the staple pop and spine split, i doubt it.........still, pretty presentable.............I hit my JLA B&B's and early issues pretty hard, so i'm not unfamiliar with JLA's like these.......... :grin:

What do you think?

JLA 3 makes me think back to the longing I felt that day at accordion class in 1964 when I picked up a beat up old copy of World's Finest in the waiting room and saw the full page ad for JLA 3. It was so beautiful and I wanted it so badly but I'd missed it and could never have it.... Never mind the grade. It's a very nostalgic mag for me!

In fact, I think I'll turn the ad and cover into a T-shirt later this week!

:cool:

3.0 for me, would be 3.5 without the spine/staple issue.

I agree with the sentiments expressed for this book. I think it's one of the top 5 SA DC covers--something about the black background really sets of the colors of all the heroes, and it has a GA flavor, which makes it seem like a really, really early SA book.