• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #33

19 posts in this topic

Just some thoughts:

8.5 is a threshold grade. A lot of 8.5s look really really good.

There are two spots (rust transfer/stain?) near the top staple on the back that might have hurt the grade, or perhaps the lower left edge of the back cover where the scan hints at an edge bend or associated roughness.

You might need to turn the book on an angle to see any dents or subtle bends -- and anything inside (page tears/stains/writing) is of course hidden.

If none of the above apply you should call for grader's notes to see if one of the three graders gave the book a 9.0.

Thats a great idea I'm going to call on the graders notes on Monday.I bought this book not because of the grade on the slab,but because it looks beautiful in hand and knew this could not be an 8.5.I thought for sure at least 9.0/9.2 sharp corners,no Marvel chipping(you almost always find on this book),staples are perfect.I don't know.

It's very hard to grade books from scans. Just because we think the book should be higher, that doesn't mean we're right. There almost has to be more to the story, and the graders notes will probably tell you what it is.