• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New OA Collector

13 posts in this topic

I would suggest looking in 1999 :)

The market prices are what they are. Nobody's going to have a "magic" spot for you to look... look around, get a feel for pricing, see what you like and can live with paying for.

eBay isn't a bad start, by any means. In fact, I'd start there.

Fanfare-se will often offer discounted OA pages. They've got something like 50 different pages from $10 to $25 right now. Nothing that excites me (or I'd have bought 'em) but you haven't shared your personal interests just yet. If you're into Larry Stroman's Alien Legion work, you'll be in paradise.

Independent publishers will often sell OA for much less than something from Marvel or DC. The downside is, there's little financial upside for that OA. (Example: I like Craig Babiar's work and Mister Not-So-Nice likes Craig Babiar's work and -- well, there's the two of us. Plus, Craig's Mom.)

So it's out there, if you look a little. Welcome, new fish! Prepare for addiction....

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the boards as well as OA, wondering if anyone had any opinions

on where to find some OA that isn't too expensive.

Thanks

Maybe you could start by telling us a little bit about yourself . . . who you are . . . where your interests lie, etc.

I see your profile is a blank.

It's a bit difficult relating to someone who asks for information, yet tells us nothing about himself/herself in return

Hello Everyone,

Thanks

Maybe you could start by telling us a little bit about yourself . . . who you are . . . where your interests lie, etc.

It's a bit difficult relating to someone who asks for information, yet tells us nothing about himself/herself in return

oh no, I didn't even clue in, it's not what or who I think it is, is it?

Malvin

Hello Everyone,

Thanks

oh no, I didn't even clue in, it's not what or who I think it is, is it?

Malvin

Now you are just talking Krazy.

I too am new to OA (although not to the boards or to comics) and I bought my first two pages last week straight from Ed Benes' website. Nice smooth transaction/communication with the guy dealing for Benes'

My greatest suggestion is make the first piece you buy is one you actually want and not a $15 picture of NFL Superpro just for the sake of having a piece of OA. I spent a good couple of months before I realized what issue/artist I wanted and then another week picking the pages from the issue. It's a big choice so make it wisely.

Welcome to the boards by the way.

Is there a convention coming up in NJ or NY

comic con ?

lol Only one of the biggest shows in the country! The NY ComicCon... only I won't be able to make it. Sigh. I bet there's got to be some amazing OA there to see.