• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four #110 Color Error

45 posts in this topic

it's clearly very rare in high grade slabbed copies

with only 6 in 8.5 or better

I would assume there's more than 6 high grade FF completists out there which would explain the price being quite high.

While there is no doubt that the color error version is uncommon in HG, I doubt it's as rare as the census would indicate.

We'll know for sure once word of these sales circulate. It will spur submissions. If a schnook like me is sitting on a raw copy with 9.0+ potential, I'm sure plenty of others are as well.

As a dealer who literally has bought 10s of thousands of books in high grade from this time period during the past 10 years, I can tell you for certain it is tougher than any other Marvel or DC book from that time period in high grade, bar none.

I'm sureprised to hear that. I remember back in the 80s seeing it in almost equal numbers (maybe slightly less) to the regular version in the Dallas area. In fact during the time where Overstreet had the regular edition marked as rare the green copy was selling for less.

I sold a 9.0 copy last week for 500.00. Had it listed for 2 days.
Whos the insufficiently_thoughtful_person that paid that amount ? :whistle:

Yeah especially when the Last CLINK 9.0 one went for $325 just a month and a half ago :baiting:

I am sure that book sold to a dealer. It was for sale about 2 hours. I tried to buy it myself on the waitlist. Harley bought a CGC graded 8.0 from me about a year ago for 300.00. I think he sold it for 400.00.

If you have one for sale for 325.00, I will be glad to pick it up from you.

BTW, a VG/F copy sold on ebay last night for 77.00. I think if you figure that out compared to other books with a similar VG price, it would be a very similar range.....and this book is considerably tougher in high grade than most books...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fantastic-Four-110-ERROR-Variant-GREEN-Thing-RARE_W0QQitemZ200197553629QQihZ010QQcategoryZ33813QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I sold a 9.0 copy last week for 500.00. Had it listed for 2 days.
Whos the insufficiently_thoughtful_person that paid that amount ? :whistle:

Yeah especially when the Last CLINK 9.0 one went for $325 just a month and a half ago :baiting:

For the record, I received the book today and am happy with it AND what I gave for it :thumbsup:

BTW, a VG/F copy sold on ebay last night for 77.00. I think if you figure that out compared to other books with a similar VG price, it would be a very similar range.....and this book is considerably tougher in high grade than most books...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fantastic-Four-110-ERROR-Variant-GREEN-Thing-RARE_W0QQitemZ200197553629QQihZ010QQcategoryZ33813QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Yeah I was trying to get that one. I took it to 75 and stopped. Oh well maybe I can find one at some point. :wishluck:

I am sure that book sold to a dealer. It was for sale about 2 hours. I tried to buy it myself on the waitlist. Harley bought a CGC graded 8.0 from me about a year ago for 300.00. I think he sold it for 400.00.

I'm just trying to bust djpinkpanther67's chops since I have been looking for a nice copy.

I'm just trying to bust djpinkpanther67's chops since I have been looking for a nice copy.

:sorry:

Take comfort in the fact you have FF #1-6 and #12, which I will probably never be able to get, especially in the grades I would like :foryou:

Not nearly as much. It is an incredibly tough book in high grade. Not so tough in lower grades. I would guess maybe 50.00 - 75.00 depending on eye appeal.

Very Tough! :sumo:

Only 19 books on the Census:

Nothing higher than a 9.4

9.4 - 3

9.2 - 0

9.0 - 3

8.5 - 0

8.0 - 4

7.5 - 1

7.0 - 2

6.5 - 0

6.0 - 1

5.5 - 1

5.0 -1

4.5 - 2

4.0 - 1

There may only be 19 on the census but they are not that rare. Back in the 80s and 90s I knew a couple of people who would buy every copy they found. One guy had dozens, maybe hundreds of them.

Uh, what census are you looking at? Looks like there are 3 in 9.6, 6 in 9.4 and so on, with 46 total copies in Universal grade

If I remember right, a 9.6 sold on CLink last year for somewhere near $700.00 and they have an 8.0 up at auction right now.