• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Masterworks: 87 Titles at 51% OFF COVER BRAND NEW!!!!!

37 posts in this topic

YES! My order is in!

The NEW EDITIONS aren't really the same. Here's the HULK #1 for example:

This is the new version:

hulk1.jpg

and this is what the old version, or "variant" edition as it is referred to now:

variant_hulk1.jpg

Not 100% true...

This is the old version

variant_hulk1.jpg

but not the variant version...

The new version can have two different covers

The Silver version

hulk1.jpg

or the variant

variant_hulk1.jpg

Yes I know the old version and the new variant version have the same front cover. :tonofbricks:

But the back cover is different. The new variant version is a numbered version and will have that issue's number (out of the print run) on the back. The old version won't have those numbers.

Other MMs have bigger differences, some of the new ones even have other issues inside than the original (old) MMs.

Some even have different FCs.

This is the old MM FF 41-50

mm_ff05_1b.jpg

This is the new MM FF 41-50

mm_ff05_3b.jpg

This is the new MM FF 41-50

mm_ff05_1b_rem.jpg

The new variant covers were made to blend in with the old covers.

Confused yet ? I haven't even talked about the MMs with the Comiccraft Covers which were reprints of the old MMs but with a new updated cover

mm_asm01_2b.jpg

So. Got any DC Archives deals along these lines? (Mouth waters slightly at thought of filling in those Archive blanks at half off)

Archives are a pain in the butt. They have a different discount tier for us on those so we can't really give anything more than we already do.

However, if they ever announce anything like that, I certainly will pass it along.

Just curious if anyone had gotten their Masterworks yet. I know they went out media, but I'm still waiting. :(

I received mine a couple of weeks ago IIRC. :wishluck: I would contact Russ if you haven't yet.