• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF #1 Question

35 posts in this topic

Hi, I don't know if I should post this here or in the signature series forum, but here goes, I have this FF #1

FF%201.jpg

I am thinking of having stan lee sign it. I have the first (SA) Captain America, Thor, Antman and Iron Man signed by him already.

My real concern is that I can very clearly see (though it is harder to see in this picture) that a long part of the right front edge of the book looks like it is ready to chip off. I don't want my 4.0 returned as a 3.0, and more so I hate chipping.

Any help/thoughts would be appreciated

Randy

Can someone post that scan of the AF15 that Stan Lee signed with the sharpie? A picture is worth a thousand words.

Red

As an autograph collector as well, I highly recommend having Stan sign with a fine tip Sharpie or Rollerball. His signature loses all grace and style when using a thick tip marker and ends up looking like a big black blob. :P A fine tip looks soooo much nicer.

FF001MarvelMilestoneSignedblog.jpg

AmazingFantasy15MarvelMilestoneSign.jpg

Do what you want to with it. It's your book. I would however get a video/stills/witnessed. On the inside page would be a good place for it. I have a raw X-Men 1 signed by him. Well before CGC was around. I have a video of the signing. Plus a few stills. One of me with him of course..

Can someone post that scan of the AF15 that Stan Lee signed with the sharpie? A picture is worth a thousand words.

Red

As an autograph collector as well, I highly recommend having Stan sign with a fine tip Sharpie or Rollerball. His signature loses all grace and style when using a thick tip marker and ends up looking like a big black blob. :P A fine tip looks soooo much nicer.

Zipper is spot on-- if you DO have him sign it, make sure it's a fine point marker. His signature can be a little messy if it isn't done this way.