• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC Decade - month by month sampler - The 1960s

592 posts in this topic

Wow! What a beautiful run of All-Star Western. I was going to post my copies this weekend but glad I didn't. ....

No kidding!

Don't be shy about posting your 118 so we can see what the colors are REALLY supposed to look like. I don't think anyone will complain about seeing Kane's Madame .44 one more time.

Jack

Wow! What a beautiful run of All-Star Western. I was going to post my copies this weekend but glad I didn't. ....

No kidding!

Don't be shy about posting your 118 so we can see what the colors are REALLY supposed to look like. I don't think anyone will complain about seeing Kane's Madame .44 one more time.

Jack

I can't remember if I have one. :pullhair:

I went through the boxes and found these three -- since the 118 was already posted I didn't look any further.

No kidding!

Jack

I can't remember if I have one. :pullhair:

I went through the boxes and found these three -- since the 118 was already posted I didn't look any further.

Probably a good thing -- my copy would end up with lowered self-esteem.

The current Never-Ending Quiz question on General is perfect for fans of this thread.

Jack

Okay kiddies,

Let's not forget tha little guy that helped Santa bring us all our goodies, toys and funny books at Christmas!! ;) We'da been lost without him!! :grin:

Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer 1960-61 season. "The Fastest Nose in the West!" Sorta covers both 1960 & '61 eh?!

rudolph6061fc.jpg

rudolph6061bc.jpg

I posted this in the new "war that time forgot thread", earlier. it was one of two books that broke up the "Dino" covers almost 50 issue run (Nov 1960). It was always one of my faves;

Hey Burnt Boy, That's a sweet SSWS 93. One of three books that broke up the 44 issue run of dino covers. # 126 was a Gorilla cover. I posted it at the new "War That Time Forgot" thread a few minutes back.

August 1961:

Legion of Super-Villains introduced by this Adventure Comics #247 swipe!

Superman147a-1.jpg

I love what they were doing on the Superman titles in this time period -- this little riff on the earlier Adv 247 theme is excellent example! :cloud9: