• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it ME or are CGC books on Ebay strong???

23 posts in this topic

Geeze louise, it seems as if Silver Age CGC HIGH grade is selling like Oil fields on the 'bay hm

is this just a mistake by moi? statistically speaking/writing that is..or has anyone else noticed this? like THIS book...

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-150-CGC-9-6-NM-WHITE-PAGES-Nov1975_W0QQitemZ220198188426QQihZ012QQcategoryZ33819QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

good lord, the same book sold on the Link' for $161.00 recently (shrug)

there ARE more if you'd like examples... hm

Geeze louise, it seems as if Silver Age CGC HIGH grade is selling like Oil fields on the 'bay hm

is this just a mistake by moi? statistically speaking/writing that is..or has anyone else noticed this? like THIS book...

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-150-CGC-9-6-NM-WHITE-PAGES-Nov1975_W0QQitemZ220198188426QQihZ012QQcategoryZ33819QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

All it takes are two insufficiently_thoughtful_persons with deep pockets... hm

I've noticed it too. It's one of the reasons I started hanging out here...

I much prefer the "buy it now at a fair price" appeal of the boards. Especially since I've been getting sniped by folks with "more dollars than sense" far too often at eBay in the past few months.

2c

You know, I've been noticing lower "offers accepted" prices on ComicLink than on EBay lately, as it pertains to BA books.

Sure the asking prices on CL are pure crack-addict, but some of the offers being accepted are not bad.

Does this mean the market is collapsing? Should I sell all of my books now?

I've noticed it too. It's one of the reasons I started hanging out here...

I much prefer the "buy it now at a fair price" appeal of the boards. Especially since I've been getting sniped by folks with "more dollars than sense" far too often at eBay in the past few months.

2c

More like we on the boards are a bunch of cheap asses who don't want to break records buying here. (thumbs u

Actually though, I've been talking to a few people about this very same thing. eBay and Heritage seem to be breaking records on books every day especially the books I'm interested in! :pullhair:

I myself have broken a few records too though so I'm partially to blame.

All it takes are two insufficiently_thoughtful_persons with deep pockets... hm

lol

The next two or three copies of this ASM 150 CGC 9.6 may very well sell for considerably less...

The Marketplace s still hit-and-miss.

I saw a SUB-MARINER # 1 NM 9.6 sell for $1,500 recently( within the last 30 days). The Seller happened to have it in his eBay Store, and got "lucky". The right buyer with the funds to purchase Immediately via Paypal got it. The next SM # 1 CGC NM 9.6 was the "auction" starting at .01 cent, and worked it's way up to $485 and change. Hit-and-miss.

I will state on MY end, on MY auctions, there are about 25% less "hits" than in 2007, 35% - 40% less hits than in 2006. There IS a slow-down in this hobby.

CAL

The next two or three copies of this ASM 150 CGC 9.6 may very well sell for considerably less...

I saw a SUB-MARINER # 1 NM 9.6 sell for $1,500 recently( within the last 30 days). The Seller happened to have it in his eBay Store, and got "lucky". The right buyer with the funds to purchase Immediately via Paypal got it. The next SM # 1 CGC NM 9.6 was the "auction" starting at .01 cent, and worked it's way up to $485 and change. Hit-and-miss.

I will state on MY end, on MY auctions, there are about 25% less "hits" than in 2007, 35% - 40% less hits than in 2006. There IS a slow-down in this hobby.

CAL

While there may be a slow down on "hits" on ebay especially (this may have more to do with less people using ebay than anything else), there is no overall slow down on prices. Even my "crazy" bids are being beaten out on a regular basis, speaking for ebay and other auction/consignment sites.

CAL

While there may be a slow down on "hits" on ebay especially (this may have more to do with less people using ebay than anything else), there is no overall slow down on prices. Even my "crazy" bids are being beaten out on a regular basis, speaking for ebay and other auction/consignment sites.

That is EXACTLY what I was attempting to convey...I have bid on books recently with a price point I thought would easily win the book, and whalla...I lose it, with what I see as a greatly inflated price? (shrug)

Hey, guess it's all good, our collections are going WAY up in value, right? hm

:whatev:

CAL

That is EXACTLY what I was attempting to convey...I have bid on books recently with a price point I thought would easily win the book, and whalla...I lose it, with what I see as a greatly inflated price? (shrug)

Hey, guess it's all good, our collections are going WAY up in value, right? hm

:whatev:

I guess that's one way to look at it but it's frustrating when you can't win books even at GPA highs :frustrated: Take for example the Avengers 93 that just sold on Pedigree for $2850. $2850 :o is absolutely nuts on that book even in 9.6.