• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just bought my second piece of original art

23 posts in this topic

Well. I got a nice job (better not risk it by being here actually) since August.

I started with 30K. (€ though, which is maybe 32 in $). You think it is okay for a bachelor degree; Greg? I think it is alright considering the bad economy.

I know it doesn´t mean much to you dinosaurs of comicdom...

Geez Jens, you sure have that "how to make friends and influence people" bit down pat. Have you sold any CGC Prizes lately?

Wow. So you say your sense of irony was completely paralyzed in the accident? Do the doctors think there's any chance of recovery?

Well, point is I dont really feel like i was part of this community, neither money wise, age wise nor interest wise... I collect comics for not even 2 year and have a more naive approach to most things. Thats why I dont come here very often anymore.

I dont know if the picture is still online, Chromium. I will check at home.

The piece is very nice... as for not feeling a part of this community... it can be daunting to hear the stories of high ticket art and books bought and sold here... but I have to say that if you hang around, I think you'd find people who are going to give you valuable information. I don't know how old you are, but there's a lot of guys here in their mid to late 20s, so if you're in that ball park, I don't think the whole crowd is that old.

Well, point is I dont really feel like i was part of this community, neither money wise,

Don't worry I'm poor too.... confused-smiley-013.gif

age wise

Greggy is 'young at heart'....

nor interest wise... I collect comics for not even 2 year

I've only been collecting for about 2 1/2 years as well....

and have a more naive approach to most things.

Greggy is naive, and look how much L.O.V.E he gets cloud9.gif

I dont know if the picture is still online, Chromium. I will check at home.

Thanks

It's a great piece, Jens. One of the best things about a "Death" sketch is that there are so many interprtations of her. You could buy 5 different sketches form 5 different artists and they can look completely different and it's still "Death".

And don't worry about dropping big $$ on art. Some of my favorite pieces cost much less than the expensive ones. Everybody has to start somewhere, and if you are happy with it, that's what counts the most.

Since I haven't seen you on for ahwile, here a quick link to a sketch of Morpheus and Death that I picked-up recently (kinda illustrates my earlier point about Death as well)... Link

Chris

I know it doesn´t mean much to you dinosaurs of comicdom...

Geez Jens, you sure have that "how to make friends and influence people" bit down pat. Have you sold any CGC Prizes lately?

I was expecting something a bit more hardcore confused-smiley-013.gif along the lines of your last tete a tete with the jenster...

Jens - are you in the US now? Are you living the happy newlywed life and looking in to still move into murph0's hometown/guesthouse? What's up with the new job?

How old do you think everyone is?

I'm in my mid 20's, and there are a lot of people on this forum in their 20's and early 30's. And there are a few I suspect that aren't a day over 16. grin.gif

Here's a piece of art I just bought from the Jack Adler collection - I don't think it's Neal Adams, but it sure looks like his art! acclaim.gif

http://www.randytusha.bizland.com/auctions/adler/thawk117ac.jpg

Why do you say this isn't Neal Adams? I think it is...

From the Neal Adams Checklist....

TOMAHAWK (DC)

Covers only - #116-119,121,123-130

Neal Adams Checklist

Here's a piece of art I just bought from the Jack Adler collection - I don't think it's Neal Adams, but it sure looks like his art! acclaim.gif

Why do you say this isn't Neal Adams? I think it is...

Woo hoo! I bought it because I liked it, and didn't even know at the time that it was Neal Adams. Double score!! acclaim.gif

Nice piece bonds...that is one of the earliest covers from the collection. Sure does look like Adams......