• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Tales to Astonish 14

14 posts in this topic

I'd say 9.2 due to the corner and the little tears on the bent over back cover.

"Your startled eyes have never beheld a monster like Krang before (since last issue's cover)...and they never will again (until next issue's cover)."

Can't agree with above opinions -- sorry -- micro tears along top of book (see back scan). Back of book not "white" enough--too much light browning present. Staples (esp. top one) recessed into spine. Very rounded/even "damaged" corner. Some white specks in black-coloured upper part of FC, and some slight colour issues along front-top of FC. Blemish on the "A".Can't see 9 or above for this book. 8 to 8.5 IMO. Any other opinions on these points??

Can't agree with above opinions -- sorry -- micro tears along top of book (see back scan). Back of book not "white" enough--too much light browning present. Staples (esp. top one) recessed into spine. Very rounded/even "damaged" corner. Some white specks in black-coloured upper part of FC, and some slight colour issues along front-top of FC. Blemish on the "A".Can't see 9 or above for this book. 8 to 8.5 IMO. Any other opinions on these points??

Larger than life scans tend to exacerbate defects. and older books that typically do not show up in HG often, can get a slight bump in grade.

everything that you have pointed out is certainly there, but i'm not thinking a less than white BC or slightly recessed staples would have much of an effect on the grade. but i wouldn't argue over the possibility of an 8.5..........

A lot of what you said could be production related defects and won't affect the grade at this level...while I think my earlier top end grade of 9.2 is stretching it, a 9.0 is certainly not out of the question

After holding it in my hand, I think 8 would be pretty harsh for this unless they really hammer it for PQ. I'm still debating which three of the collection I'm sending off to CGC with my three free coupons. I don't think this will be one of them. I'm leaning towards TTA #9, TOS #11, and JIM #66 that you guys have kindly graded for me already.

A lot of what you said could be production related defects and won't affect the grade at this level...while I think my earlier top end grade of 9.2 is stretching it, a 9.0 is certainly not out of the question

Fair enough............