• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's Next On Your OA Wishlist?

30 posts in this topic

I'm in the process of getting a Herb Trimpe sketch of the classic Wolverine as one of my b-day presents from my wife--she's being very, very cool this year. Next, I'm debating about a Lord of the Rings signed print from David Wenzel or a Dragonlance signed print from Larry Elmore.

Is there a sketch from a particular artist you would like to acquire? Or is there a published page from a specific issue you're hunting for? Or is there a character that you want to add to your collection and aren't too picky about who the artist is?

What's next on your OA wishlist?

I want a Gil Kane pencil/ Romita inked Amazing Spider-man page from that great run, a good Warlock Starlin page, any nice Grell/Starlin/Cockrum Superboy & LOSH art, and a nice Ross Andru page from the Superman Spiderman treasury. And one of these days, a nice Neal Adams page of Batman, Green Lantern, X-Men, or Avengers.

I'm in the process of getting a Herb Trimpe sketch of the classic Wolverine as one of my b-day presents from my wife--she's being very, very cool this year. Next, I'm debating about a Lord of the Rings signed print from David Wenzel or a Dragonlance signed print from Larry Elmore.

Is there a sketch from a particular artist you would like to acquire? Or is there a published page from a specific issue you're hunting for? Or is there a character that you want to add to your collection and aren't too picky about who the artist is?

Personally, sketches are of little or no interest to me.

I no longer collect interior pages as most of my interests are now focused on covers or self-contained strips.

If I was character-orientated, I'd have to like the artist's work - as I'd consider it a pointless exercise to have original art by an artist I didn't much care for.

What's next on my OA wishlist?

Finances permitting . . . EC covers from those titles not currently represented in my collection.

Other than getting more Walking Dead art I would really like to get a cover recreation of my favorite X-Men cover... would really like the original but I cant afford it :tonofbricks:

What cover is that, MK?

Uncanny X-Men 234 :cloud9:

My wish list? Jae Lee's cover art to Batman: Gotham Knights #59. I've had a real Jae Lee jones for the last few years. And I love that particular cover.

It would be -- my precioussss.

Drawbacks: (a) I don't know who owns the OA; (b) I don't know if that person would sell the OA; © and I'm not supposed to buy anymore OA this year. Tough times, tight money.

But for a piece like that, an exception could be made.

I'm noticing not too many people are mentioning sketch-work. Are sketches generally not considered OA-proper? Just wondering what the rest of you think...

I actually have no interest in sketches at all. I never get them at cons and have no desire to ever own one. I know a lot of people love them but I have never caught the bug.

Sketches don't float my boat.

For OA pages I'd want multiple (since we're talking about wish lists here)

DC war Joe Kubert pages. (any OAAW, GI Combat, and other books from the 50's)

Russ Heath (any DC or Atlas war)

Romita ASM page from the mid to late 60's

Romita Jr / Bob Layton cover to Iron Man 150 (I think I'd wet myself if I could actually get this piece)

Two page splash from (I think) The Demon # 1 by Jack Kirby

Byrne FF pages (inking himself)