• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silverage-Fan Back?

156 posts in this topic

Gene:

I'm so sorry to not have met you at the NY show. It would have been nice to have known that you can name call and not introduce yourself at the show since I was there. Steve mentioned that you were there. Next time you want to name call please do stop by my booth and do it in person.

Yes, I would like someone to step up and sponsor the Comic Dealer death match. For that matter I would like Meth to put up the $50,000 in prize money. Since I have met Kevthemev, DarthDiesel, the Shuley's and seen the infamous "Meth" Body by Jake I know we would have one helluva party. I would like all the infamous name callers to please come down and step into the ring. Leave your Gucci loafers at ring side, Weapons optional. Let's get crazy shall we? How shall we pitch this to the buying public? How about we do this at the Wizard Chicago show where they set up a ring? I'm sure Wizard would love this since they have already given out Power ratings to most of the characters in print. Does a Big mouth count for anything? Use of the english language? Size of wallet - Bills or coinage? Is it speed or power? Or will you be completely overwhelmed by the number of posts? grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

HAHAHA! That would have been an interesting meeting, to say the least. Steve Borock is now a fight promoter as well. Instigator!...hmmm. I'm wondering why Gene didn't stop by or include you in the National NY Con report? Your booth was very easy to spot at the Baltimore Con and you were the first guy I met up with after Donut. Maybe it was your visibility and placement this time that eluded Gene's notice? tongue.gif

Yes, I would be curious what Gene's perception of the show was. By the way I had a great show and yes there were dealers complaining about the show. I setup a lot of great new contacts overseas and looking forward to 2003. Sold graded and ungraded books, I was very surprised at the number of DC's that sold. I even sold a GS #1 and X-Men #94 that weren't graded! I even sold a lot of 9.0's and 9.2's this weekend. I even received a compliment that many people think I am very reasonable on my CGC prices, Wow, a compliment, something nice said about me. crazy.gifshocked.gif

I even received a compliment that many people think I am very reasonable on my CGC prices, Wow, a compliment, something nice said about me

Must have been drunk or something...you know how fanboys like to get all liquored up and high before they go shopping for comics at a con....

I'm glad it went well for you!

From most of the con and store dealers i know, any "match" would have to be more like a sumo- style event - hopefully without the diaper thing though. Why is that a lot of dealers just can't find big enough t-shirts to cover the entire belly? I am planning to get to some big time cons next year - Megacon usually sucks so maybe Chicago or san Diego and i make a point of intoducing myself. Last year Ed Jaster , the owner of Bedrock City, Graham Crackers, Motor City all came to Orlando - maybe some big wheels from NYC will start coming. I was laughing today because at times this forum reminds me of the Monty Python skit where the guy goes into the office to start an argument - almost any thread can turn into an argument at any time over any tangible part of the thread's idea. And then it's all fun until it winds up with the threat of lawsuits, stripped down internet posing, or wrastlin for a sack full of cash!!!!

Fiddlesticks! THAT was the most fun ALOT of us had on here in a long time! I could just see everyones faces as y'all were reading my and Supa-Pimps posts. You guys couldn't WAIT until you saw what Supa and I were going to say and do next!! And we were stupid enough to GIVE IT AWAY for FREE!!! Comics can be SERIOUS business!

I would like all the infamous name callers to please come down and step into the ring

Bob,

Do not put me in the same league as the nameless, faceless, or whatever else that you feel are negating here. I have dealt with you for a long time (in fact you were the first dealer that I ever dealt with) and I have said postive things about you. And if I have or had a problem with you, belive me I'd let you know in person.....even if you don't like my tattoos wink.gif

Mike Shuley

I'm so sorry to not have met you at the NY show. It would have been nice to have known that you can name call and not introduce yourself at the show since I was there. Steve mentioned that you were there. Next time you want to name call please do stop by my booth and do it in person.

Gee, Bob, I'm truly sorry to have missed you as well. You know, with your friendly manner and sunny disposition displayed above. After all, there's nothing I like more than spending my Saturday afternoons being harangued by a comic dealer with a short fuse and an axe to grind.

I've seen you at many shows and have even bought a book or two from you in the past. I think your views of the market have some merit, though that is often obscured by the attacks and criticism mixed in with your comments (all this "name-calling" nonsense - isn't that just a little bit like the pot calling the kettle black?) I wouldn't mind having an intelligent debate about comics with you or any of my other detractors in person, but if it's going to just be the swapping of creative insults, I've got better ways to spend my weekends.

Gene

I heard this "silerage-fan" guy was a real criminal, stole money from a person I know, and that he built up his feedback before he started stealing on ebay as well. If "notch-top" is the same guy I think that's a shame, guys like this Stanley guy need to be kicked off ebay. I'm going to write Ebay about this and see what can be done, in the meantime, i'm going to be watching him.

Becca mad.gif

If "notch-top" is the same guy I think that's a shame, guys like this Stanley guy need to be kicked off ebay.

To be fair, I believe notch-top has admitted here that what he did was wrong. He apologized, and said there was no excuse for his behavior. He also made restitution to everyone affected. If I am wrong about this I have no doubt someone will correct me smile.gif If I am correct, I think he deserves a second chance.

Phil