• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Feb Heritage Auction

57 posts in this topic

Well, if anyone would like to know... the only people on the "floor" bidding were me and Stronguy. lol

Most of the bids were coming in over the phone or online.

That's pretty typical with the art in their auctions. There's much less concern about inspecting condition of the art than there is the comics.

Well, if anyone would like to know... the only people on the "floor" bidding were me and Stronguy. lol

That's pretty typical with the art in their auctions. There's much less concern about inspecting condition of the art than there is the comics.

Well... Jeff (Stronguy) was the last floor bidder to register and I believe his number was 15

Mine was 9 and I was there both days. :insane:

I threw in what I considered a low ball bid on one page and I won. I liked this page when it was listed on Ebay but it was at more than I wanted to spend.

Nice page! :applause:

I paid top dollar for one of the two pieces I won (well worth it, I think it is one of the artist's best covers) but the other I bought for a discount to where the piece had sold almost 3 years ago at another auction house. Must suck for the seller to have actually lost money on a piece in the hot, hot market of the last 3 years. hm

From the roughly 125-150 pieces I was either bidding on or tracking, it seems like some of the really nice stuff fetched strong prices but most other pieces either did not sell or sold for less than what I would have expected last year before people really started feeling the economic pinch. I think there were some really nice deals to be had in the $250-$5,000 budget range.

Well... Jeff (Stronguy) was the last floor bidder to register and I believe his number was 15

Mine was 9 and I was there both days. :insane:

Actually I was 13 and there were 2 call-ins (14 and 15) after I registered. So that's 15 total floor or unscheduled call-ins in for the whole auction. Which is fine with me... more free food to eat. :grin:

I threw in what I considered a low ball bid on one page and I won. I liked this page when it was listed on Ebay but it was at more than I wanted to spend.

Nice page! :applause:

I paid top dollar for one of the two pieces I won (well worth it, I think it is one of the artist's best covers) but the other I bought for a discount to where the piece had sold almost 3 years ago at another auction house. Must suck for the seller to have actually lost money on a piece in the hot, hot market of the last 3 years. hm

From the roughly 125-150 pieces I was either bidding on or tracking, it seems like some of the really nice stuff fetched strong prices but most other pieces either did not sell or sold for less than what I would have expected last year before people really started feeling the economic pinch. I think there were some really nice deals to be had in the $250-$5,000 budget range.

Thanks Gene! I thought fo sure that I would be outbid as I thought the splash would go for over $200 but it didn't. It seems there is a bigger gap between the "premium" pages and the average pages and if an auction doesn't have all the key players bidding then the price of an item could be drastically different.

the other I bought for a discount to where the piece had sold almost 3 years ago at another auction house. Must suck for the seller to have actually lost money on a piece in the hot, hot market of the last 3 years. hm

I saw a similar thing happen yesterday. I was outbid on the Wally Wood Weird Science #5 splash, but the final price was about 10% lower than the final price (also at Heritage) in 2004 hm

so which one of you guys won all the peanuts strips that were floor bids?

I lost on:

Kitson Azrael cover- i thought i was very aggressive but stopped since I can get new Kitson covers for that price. (too strong with the juice imo)

Cassaday Dbl page splash-didnt go too high since it only had kitty

Starlin Hardcore Station-didn't get aggressive

I was outbid on all the OA I placed bids on:

Lou Fine Spirit page (no surprise I was outbid)

Gil Kane Two Gun Kid Cover (didn't meet reserve)

Jerry Grandenetti Spirit page (Was high bidder till a couple of days to go)

Oh well, wait till the next auction

So I guess that means this book has finally been broken up? Clem..

28K (33K+ with the juice) for the X-Men 1 page where they are fighting. :cloud9:

X-Men 1 page

Wow. That's a great page. A little too much for my wallet though. (shrug)

:hi:

I decided to sink a good chunk of my retirement into a few Peanuts strips.

Actually they were all won by the same call-in bidder.

(shrug)

15239082_e67c8999f6.jpg

So do they win everything that comes up for sale? I couldn't imagine paying $20,000 plus for a daily.

(shrug)

15239082_e67c8999f6.jpg

If they really want it there aren't many folks that can compete with their means. They don't want everything. I know they have certain criteria, time periods, and characters they need more than others to fill in gaps in the collection, buut I don't know what those are.

C

Makes you wonder why the owners who have been selling on Heritage and elsewhere even bother with paying Heritage's fees and don't just try to negotiate direct deals with the museum.