• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

INCREDIBLE HULK#181 CGC 9.6 WHITE PAGES FOR SALE!

23 posts in this topic

Ebay killed my listing! (for circumventing fees). Apparently you're not allowed to charge 2% for Paypal fees on expensive items. I have one $4500 offer that might TANK because eBay cancelled my item! :(

-Issa

just accept cheques and money orders. :gossip:

Ebay killed my listing! (for circumventing fees). Apparently you're not allowed to charge 2% for Paypal fees on expensive items. I have one $4500 offer that might TANK because eBay cancelled my item! :(

-Issa

You saved the eBay user ID?

Contact him directly and save the fees. :P

And it's against the law for sur-charges on credit cards or Paypal.

:blush:

-Issa

Maybe i just dont understand what your saying. And although my company doesnt do that, i do know many, many companies that charge a percentage if you are using a credit card. Some do that with paypal also. Just curious.

-Issa

Could you please provide the state or federal statute proscribing such fees on cc's or pp (merchant services) purchases?

You gotta support this statement with some law if you're going to throw it out here like this...

-Issa

Could you please provide the state or federal statute proscribing such fees on cc's or pp (merchant services) purchases?

You gotta support this statement with some law if you're going to throw it out here like this...

Cut and paste from paypal:

No Surcharges. Under Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express regulations and the laws of several states, including California, merchants may not charge a fee to the buyer for accepting credit card payments (often called a "surcharge"). You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as payment. This restriction does not prevent you from imposing a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge (in other words, the handling fee for transactions paid through PayPal may not be higher than the handling fee for transactions paid through other payment methods). Nor does this restriction apply to Pound-denominated transactions by sellers residing in the United Kingdom listing items for sale on a UK-based website.

good enough (shrug)

paypal linky dinky

scroll down to #5