• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Megacon!!! What do I bring?

41 posts in this topic

That is so wrong. For those who follow Pirate's suggestion, be prepared to lose 1/2 hour of time you'll never get back, nor will you get a word in edgewise.

lol I have bought from Crazy Ed twice, both times at WW Philly over the years. Both times, I had to endure his demonstration of how to hold a bagged/boarded book when inspecting it . . . :doh:

You to, huh?

You mean "hold it like a hot pizza pie!" :). I know exactly what you mean.

Tupenny I will be there Friday early, I also have an extra 3 day pass (my girlfriend cant get off work that weekend) if anyone is interested. I would be more then happy to trade it for books :)

I'll bring the cards, you bring the money. I'll take it home

Thanks for bringing up the bad memories for me back in Baltimore. I just got over it. Wish i could be there guys but im probably going in for surgery on my back again, but i hope not :wishluck:. Stop by and say hi to my brother Charles and Mama hotflips though. We're sponsering the show this year. Have fun everyone!!

Jeff

That is so wrong. For those who follow Pirate's suggestion, be prepared to lose 1/2 hour of time you'll never get back, nor will you get a word in edgewise.

lol I have bought from Crazy Ed twice, both times at WW Philly over the years. Both times, I had to endure his demonstration of how to hold a bagged/boarded book when inspecting it . . . :doh:

You to, huh?

You mean "hold it like a hot pizza pie!" :). I know exactly what you mean.

Tupenny I will be there Friday early, I also have an extra 3 day pass (my girlfriend cant get off work that weekend) if anyone is interested. I would be more then happy to trade it for books :)

If I get to go I will be there late in the day on Saturday.

I won't have time to shop other than to run past all of my dealer friend's booths who won't be at the forum dinner & say HI.

My plan of attack is to run by the Toon Tumbler's booth to spend some money on my new addiction --- current Marvel promo glasses to compliment my 1970's Marvel promoglasses --- ending at Dale's booth to chat and hopefully shop too --- I don't think he will be able to make it to the dinner (maybe I'll start at Dale's and deposit my very pregnant wife there while I go run the floor).

I have free passes already from my TN retail store (check your PM KOR, I've got one for you too).

As far as central Florida collectors & forumites go, you should make an effort on Friday to meet KingOfRulers & MCMiles. KOR is my best buddy in the world of comics & one of the nicest guys I've ever known & MCMiles is the real deal!!!!

As for dealers, give all of your money to Dale & don't worry about Bedrock because he will probably win it all from DR in the card game anyway.

SO SPEAKETH THE TUPENNY :sumo:

Thanks for bringing up the bad memories for me back in Baltimore. I just got over it. Wish i could be there guys but im probably going in for surgery on my back again, but i hope not :wishluck:. Stop by and say hi to my brother Charles and Mama hotflips though. We're sponsering the show this year. Have fun everyone!!

Jeff

Man, sorry to hear that. Back surgery is a bad thing. Maybe see you guys at Philly or NYCC. Probably try to have a tourney this year in Philly. I missed last year, but we will try to get stuff going again this year. Seeya down the road.

Jeff

Man, sorry to hear that. Back surgery is a bad thing. Maybe see you guys at Philly or NYCC. Probably try to have a tourney this year in Philly. I missed last year, but we will try to get stuff going again this year. Seeya down the road.

Thanks, and I hope to be up and about for the NYCC. See you there!!

I am going to be at MegaCon for at least three days. Probably won't go on Thursday. I'm sure I'll be seeing you fairly often Dale! I just want to see raw Marvels which you usually have in fairly high amounts anyway. Leave the DCs at home.

So, you're into Toon Tumblers now Tupenny? I was so close to buying some in Chicago. I was just so tight saving for the Cap at the time. I'll probably spend some money on some Tumblers this year. Hopefully everything goes smoothly with Tupenny Jr that weekend--so smoothly that you can spend at least half a day and dinner on Saturday!

Dale,

Bring HIGH Grade Marvels and i'll buy them all!!! I'll be looking for you there. If you have anything in particular please let me know.

Thanks, Dale.

Doug

Not that he needs anyone to speak for him.... But Dale is a well known high grade dealer. I suspect it would take a 7 figure certified check to buy him out.

So I'm starting to wonder if Tupenny Jr were to arrive actually in DR's booth Saturday afternoon will that certify little Jr as HIGH GRADE?? hm

FLEE, Joe & Tom all in one booth...you guys are going to be having fun! (thumbs u

MEGACON WEEKEND :headbang:

Dale,

Bring HIGH Grade Marvels and i'll buy them all!!! I'll be looking for you there. If you have anything in particular please let me know.

Thanks, Dale.

Doug

Not that he needs anyone to speak for him.... But Dale is a well known high grade dealer. I suspect it would take a 7 figure certified check to buy him out.

Nahh, I would probably discount at least 10% from that. Just bring 900K in cash, and I will set you up.

Bring lower grade airbrush Schomburg covers. :cloud9: I bought a few off of you last year. I will probably be there most of the weekend helping out in Joe (HOOHAH) and Tom's booth. And as Tupenny stated, KOR and MCMiles are the dynamic duo. So sayeth Flee. :sumo:

I don't actually have many right now, but I will keep my eyes open between now and then. I am going to look at a collection on Saturday, going to a show on Sunday, and going to make a run next week at any stores in the area. Will see what I can pick up. I had forgotten about that last year, but got that really nice Thrilling with the great cover. Seems like it had a strange flaw on back cover, but a brilliant front cover.

Dale,

Thanks, Dale.

Doug

I have quite a few really nice Marvels right now. Been buying alot all winter, and this will be my first real convention since end of November. Megacon is a great place to check my inventory, as it is always my first major convention of the year. I am doing a small show on Sunday, but mostly going to buy.

Dale,

I'll be looking for your booth. I'm going to see Dark Star Orchestra Wednesday nite in Tampa (an incredible Grateful Dead cover band) and won't make it to the show till Saturday afternoon. I'm just hoping you have some ultra high grades left over, buddy!!

Doug