• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best way to sell my collection in one shot...without getting raped on it.

123 posts in this topic

Dude , I don't know ? ..I'm tired and going in to see if I can get some from my wife. Your among fellow collectors and friends here ........w/ similar interests , ...this stuff is just not that big to get all worked up about?

I think you just haven't had "a big hug" in awhile...........later.....BH...... :)

Man if you think me typing:

I would not recommend breaking the board rules like that, so just start a thread in the Marketplace.

In response to a "I'll be posting a list of comics and taking offers via PM" comment, is being "worked up" you really haven't been around here long. My pulse if flatlining brother. :insane:

Dude , seriously though , are you not a little harsh on the selling "rules" for some reason ?...I mean you haven't really been the poster child for following rules , ..have you ?

Here's EXACTLY what I posted, and was slammed with "board police" insults and innuendo:

I would not recommend breaking the board rules like that, so just start a thread in the Marketplace.

How is that harsh? I was trying to be nice about it, after having offered my advice on selling previously in the thread.

Actually this is what I was responding to.

Somehow I'm feeling this was just a teaser to get some dealers bidding on it.

and this

I don't get this - have you been in an accident or are medically unsound?

and this

Then do it, and let the Mods decide, but I bet they delete it ASAP and you get a warning.

People have tried this before, and been pointed directly to the Marketplace by the Mods, so I don't see how you're any different.

Man if you think me typing:

In response to a "I'll be posting a list of comics and taking offers via PM" comment, is being "worked up" you really haven't been around here long. My pulse if flatlining brother. :insane:

I NEVER said I would be taking offers via PM, I said I would be returning PM's...AKA the people who asked me for a list.

The last one was in reply to your subsequent insult and my "were you in an accident" question was an honest inquiry since I had no idea why you wanted to sell to a dealer ASAP.

But nice job cutting a few words out of a multi-sentence comment, Bad Cop. :applause:

No JC. it's just you feeling the need to point out all this stuff anytime someone might go over the line. I'm sure there's been times when you wished some people weren't so much sticklers on the rules?

I still think someone needs a big hug..........Bh.........

Dude , seriously though , are you not a little harsh on the selling "rules" for some reason ?...I mean you haven't really been the poster child for following rules , ..have you ?

Here's EXACTLY what I posted, and was slammed with "board police" insults and innuendo:

How is that harsh? I was trying to be nice about it, after having offered my advice on selling previously in the thread.

Actually this is what I was responding to.

Somehow I'm feeling this was just a teaser to get some dealers bidding on it.

and this

I don't get this - have you been in an accident or are medically unsound?

and this

Then do it, and let the Mods decide, but I bet they delete it ASAP and you get a warning.

People have tried this before, and been pointed directly to the Marketplace by the Mods, so I don't see how you're any different.

Comment 1: I can understand you taking offense to this one.

Comment 2: Curious about why you have to sell and assuming you're a responsible collector who isn't collecting on a maxed-out CC. Advice on not getting your thread yanked. (shrug)

Comment 3: Continuation of Comment 2. (shrug)

Don't escalate this, guys.

No JC. it's just you feeling the need to point out all this stuff anytime someone might go over the line. I'm sure there's been times when you wished some people weren't so much sticklers on the rules?

Nah, without rules you have anarchy, and if one guy breaks them with impunity, expect 10 more tomorrow. I'm not here to enforce them, but I'll certainly offer my opinion to reprobates and perps.

And it's not like CGC didn't set up a MARKETPLACE FORUM to list and sell books on.

lol

I'm outta here, but I do find it highly amusing that I'm being painted as the bad guy simply for pointing out that we have a Marketplace for selling comics in, and that's probably a better place to sell books.

But what the heck, maybe I'll just post a big list of my books tomorrow and takes PMs on them... ^^

The best way to sell your entire collection is to:

1.) List every book for sale including guide price and current condition.

2.) Include special books, CGC slabbed, SS books, Pedigree. etc.

Information is your best weapon in any sales arsenal. Negotiating a sale is a lot like foreplay....

-Issa

As long as Black00SS doesn't post the list saying "PM me with offers," there isn't a violation of the rules. Posting a list while asking, "what's the best course of action in selling these" is a legitimate use of this forum.

I can appreciate it Joe Collector's concern for keeping sales related threads IN the Sales Forum--everyone gets an equal opportunity to buy, and more importantly, it keeps things organized. Black00SS, my advice would just to run it by one of the mods to make sure you are on the up-and-up. If they give you the green light, then no worries. (thumbs u

Wow, a lot of effort going into trying to stop him from listing his 25-50 best books on the forum for the prices he'd like to get, something that would probably take under 2-3 hours! Where's the risk in that?

40-50% on the "good stuff" from 1965-72? Which dealer is that?

50-60% on the pre-64 issues? Again, which dealer is that, unless we're talking high grade stuff.

A dealer may very well pay $3200 for a $4000 book when they know they have a $4000 buyer lined up.

Most dealers are going to come up with a price they'd like to pay for the good stuff and not even factor in the other 2800 or so books, those are freebies.

Obviously you have never sold to me, or Harley, or Bob. And I am not saying sell to most dealers. I am saying sell to a good dealer.

I had no buyer for the AF #15. Bought it purely on spec. Will do it again as soon as I can find one.