• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF 15

48 posts in this topic

Maloney-

You'll probably get more feedback if you start your own thread. Since Count's the one who started the thread, it's okay. (Just kidding Count, I've got love for the Purple Number Counter!-)

For what it's worth Maloney, the ebay seller is a crack-smoker if he thinks this is a 2.0 - 3.0. In my book, your copy is a solid 1.0. Just looking at Heritage's recent sales, they had a 1.0 sell for $657 this past June, and a 2.0 sell for $1,673 in Oct. Based on the price you paid for it, you might've overpaid for this copy, but give it a few years. Given the appreciation rate on this comic, you should eventually break even. Congrat's on the grail pickup! (thumbs u

This one is definitely way better than the one you're mentioning. That copy had 1/2 the cover ripped off and masking tape covering the spine of what was left. It was also not CGC graded, so I'd loosey call it a 1.0.

I've been watching the sales of this comic real closely for the past 3 months. And this was the first one to be in my price range with the stipulations I set for myself. (no holes on the cover larger than a postage stamp, no writing on the cover, and I wanted it to be complete. Price range was $1,000 bucks.)

I was beginning to think it was going to be impossible. Since the cheapest one to meet these requirements sold for about $1,700 a few weeks ago.

2-17-2008_4-22-48_PM_0021.jpg