• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

is it just me?

128 posts in this topic

I personally LOVE high grade books and would buy every one I could had I the cash.

What I don't get is paying $500 for a slabbed 9.6 copy of comic X when you could get a raw 9.6 copy of the same book for one hell of a lot less money.

I could have two copies of the same slabbed 9.6 comic. I leave one slabbed and crack the other one. They're both still 9.6 but the raw book just became less valuable. Someone on the boards said it very well once, buy the book, not the slab.

And no, I'm not dumping on anyone's personal collecting habits or tastes. Do what you want. I just don't get it sometimes. (shrug):foryou:

i don't understand why people always get so pizzed when others try to understand their uber HG collecting.

Folks tend to be touchy on this subject.

Just because I personally don't understand doesn't mean that I'm dumping on anyone. I guess they want us to just not say anything?

Here's where my lollipop went:

My post wasn't directed at you as much as it was to Monstro:

"i mean it seems to me unless you have cash pouring out of your ears any sane person would buy at least the 9.2 and spend the extra 800 on another sweet book. "

He's concluding that since he doesn't by 9.6 and 9.8 books that he's sane and every else is not.

BUT and there's always a but....Monstro goes on to say

"lets not get ridiculous. there is a major difference between G's and 9.2 / 9.0's of course."

Well let me see...too hi a grade is not good, but too low a grade is also not good.

Only your grade is good.

I tire of this. If you're bored at work it should at least give you enought time to think out a well reasoned post. Don't pounce on low grade or hi grade.

How's that for someone needing a lollipop?

R.

I buy what I can afford. IF I had the money id just buy high grade keys and the rest could be very fine + or better. A good example of my collecting habits is I spent an average of 20-40 for all my avengers comics (1-100). I dont have anything prior to number 9 yet, but most the books are in the very fine range. BUT my #57 is the highest grade I could find, it is getting sent in next week. And if it comes back 9.2 or better im happy and that book will never be replaced. Other books like 4,9,16,93,100 I am going to want as high a grade as possible. The others VF or better, well except #1 but ive been toying with selling off other runs to buy a VF of #1. As far as havinga cgc 9.4 # 33.... I dont care enough.

for example. and i hope no one is selling or bidding on any of these books.

on comiclink right now the are 3 FF #14

9.4 = 2400

9.2 = 1600

9.0 = 700

thats what i'm talking about.

What's your point?

We are all bored at work and need something to do. :)

:hi:

What I can't stand is people who not only have nothing to do, but also have nothing truly meaning full to say. Just post after post of mindless meandering. I know this is what a chat forum is made of but It's one of my pet peeves. I hate when people try to impose beliefs on someone and then bring up faulty reasoning to do so.

So don't pizz on my love of hi grade and I won't pizz on your inability to appreciate it.

Deal?

R.

You love to sell HG...not collect it. There's a difference. :baiting:

we've discussed this many times before. Bottom line is that people should collect what they like.

But they don't. They collect what they think others will like....down the road.

Speaking for myself, I disagree.

I have always bought/collected books that I liked/loved. Down the road when I have one foot in the grave, who really cares what others may like.

9.4 = 2400

9.2 = 1600

9.0 = 700

What's your point?

What I can't stand is people who not only have nothing to do, but also have nothing truly meaning full to say. Just post after post of mindless meandering. I know this is what a chat forum is made of but It's one of my pet peeves. I hate when people try to impose beliefs on someone and then bring up faulty reasoning to do so.

So don't pizz on my love of hi grade and I won't pizz on your inability to appreciate it.

Deal?

R.

Ah...my misled but still friendly forumite...I love to sell hi grade SA to fund my addiction to hi grade GA...there's a difference.

I'm in the process of buying some of the highest graded copies of a few books.

;)

"i mean it seems to me unless you have cash pouring out of your ears any sane person would buy at least the 9.2 and spend the extra 800 on another sweet book. "

He's concluding that since he doesn't by 9.6 and 9.8 books that he's sane and every else is not.

"lets not get ridiculous. there is a major difference between G's and 9.2 / 9.0's of course."

Well let me see...too hi a grade is not good, but too low a grade is also not good.

Only your grade is good.

I tire of this. If you're bored at work it should at least give you enought time to think out a well reasoned post. Don't pounce on low grade or hi grade.

R.

what i'm saying makes perfect sense and you know it. 9.0 to 9.8 are all still considered HG with only minor flaws that separate them. clearly G books are in a totally different league.

and i'm not busting on G books, they just don't fit into this conversation.

9.4 = 2400

9.2 = 1600

9.0 = 700

What's your point?

Deal?

R.

Ah...my misled but still friendly forumite...I love to sell hi grade SA to fund my addiction to hi grade GA...there's a difference.

;)

You'll bore of those....sell them....and most likely replace them with lower grade copies at a fraction of the price. :whistle:

we've discussed this many times before. Bottom line is that people should collect what they like.

But they don't. They collect what they think others will like....down the road.

Speaking for myself, I disagree.

I have always bought/collected books that I liked/loved. Down the road when I have one foot in the grave, who really cares what others may like.

I'm not suggesting that everyone does it....but a large percentage of the current comic market is inhabited by those that do. They collect what's 'hot', or what they believe will be 'hot' in the future.

Only your grade is good.

R.

what i'm saying makes perfect sense and you know it. 9.0 to 9.8 are all still considered HG with only minor flaws that separate them. clearly G books are in a totally different league.

and i'm not busting on G books, they just don't fit into this conversation.

What you are saying does not make perfect sense because it is a relative arguement. There is no right and wrong.

The problem is, when you begin to use descriptive words like "sane" and phrases like "of course there is a difference" you are now taking a position and not stating an opinion.

There is no insanity at spending $800,000 on a comic if your name is Shaq and can spend that much each month on clothes and entertainment.

Why would your definition of what is reasonable over rule someone else's?

R.

9.4 = 2400

9.2 = 1600

9.0 = 700

What's your point?

Deal?

R.

;)

You'll bore of those....sell them....and most likely replace them with lower grade copies at a fraction of the price. :whistle:

I'll do anything, just don't show me pics of your butchered thumb anymore.

:sick:

9.4 = 2400

9.2 = 1600

9.0 = 700

What's your point?

Deal?

R.

;)

I'll do anything, just don't show me pics of your butchered thumb anymore.

:sick:

I'll be sure to bring the hospital video to Chicago. :sick: