• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

is it just me?

128 posts in this topic

What difference should it make to someone what someone else collects? I just don't understand the concern or the controversy.

It's only a controversy when Party A says something about it, whereby Party B, C, D and E are free to voice their own opinions on it, being as we are living in a near-free society. Once you express your personal views and opinions in an open forum, surely no one expects total agreement. :screwy:

If you don't want opposing views on your collecting, then STFU about it and your goal is assured.

What difference should it make to someone what someone else collects? I just don't understand the concern or the controversy.

My collection is better than your collection. :baiting:

Yeah, you are probably right, but you're my buddy anyway. :foryou:

are folks on these boards beginning to question themselves as to why they have ubber high grade slabbed books when they

could sell them and buy the same copy a couple points lower for a fraction of the cost?

maybe it’s just me but i’m starting to get that feeling around here.

What gave you that feeling?

(shrug) I have no data to back up this opinion, but I think what folks are doing is selling uber HG slabbed books that may have an overwrap or lower page quality and upgrading to more nicely centered, possibly lower graded books. It seems like I'm seeing more overwraps lately than I've seen in the past.

My collection is better than your collection. :baiting:

Yeah, you are probably right, but you're my buddy anyway. :foryou:

wtf, where did the sarcastic Doc Watson go to? You're boring now :baiting:

It's only a controversy when Party A says something about it, whereby Party B, C, D and E are free to voice their own opinions on it, being as we are living in a near-free society.

If you don't want opposing views on your collecting, then STFU about it and your goal is assured.

Practice what you preach.

I do. I keep my collecting very private, and hardly talk about its contents, rarely post any books, and hardly mention it at all.

Now, if only we can get the same dedication to follow over to other topics...

I do. I keep my collecting very private, and hardly talk about its contents, rarely post any books, and hardly mention it at all.

But that's not what we're talking about, now is it.

Seriously, I used to post here and there, show scans, but I got tired of the trolls, the "why don't you sell XX" and "why do you have so many copies of YY" rubber-necker's, the "it's stupid to buy Byrne X-Men/any BA books" people, and the various other reprobates on here.

So, instead of subjecting myself to that, I stopped posting about it, and I recommend any others who are so bothered do the same.

There's the sarcasm! :applause:

There's the sarcasm! :applause:

Actually, that's the opposite of sarcasm. doh!

A sarcastic remark would be more along the lines of:

"Well, we're all glad you didn't take the silent route in other topics...."

are folks on these boards beginning to question themselves as to why they have ubber high grade slabbed books when they

could sell them and buy the same copy a couple points lower for a fraction of the cost?

maybe it’s just me but i’m starting to get that feeling around here.

congratulations gentlemen :golfclap:

I've always thought that way. (shrug)

maybe its just me but im starting to get that feeling around here.

congratulations gentlemen :golfclap:

Nope, not me. Im still happy doing it the way ive been doing it. Buying as high grade as I can afford.

What I have learned is here on the boards is that everyone collects all different titles and grades so basically to each his own.

I will say though personally when I think of HG for example a 9.2 from the 60's and earlier is def HG. 70's its okay, but to me anything from 1980-current a 9.2 a def not HG grade to me.

For me I only buy 9.6 and up from 1980 to now, and 1970's I only buy 9.2 or 9.4, and for me to afford all the silver-age I want I range from 2.0 to 9.0, so there I am not picky for the most part.

I have learned here everyone again has different views of HG/LG and reading copies/investment copies, but when it comes down to it all long as you happy for what you are collecting and you have fun doing it, I think that awesome!!!

John

I am not interested in anything below a 9.0 unless it's GA, an ultra SA key or it has a pedigree designation that interests me.

Interesting. My stance is similar....but somehow different...

I am not interested in anything 9.0 or above unless it is a GA pedigree designation that interests me.