• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CC Current Auctions

63 posts in this topic

I don't see the problem with a reserve, but I do wish that if a seller has a particular dollar amount in mind then that is the amount with what the auction needs to start.

If they did this then there is no need for a reserve :)

I understand that. I had two separate points cleverly crafted together into one run on sentence. :gossip:

You can't expect newer consignment/auction websites to reflect the "market" price via auction until the market fully participates in their auctions. ComicLink and Heritage can run no-reserve auctions without fear that books will sell substantially below market because they have built up a sufficient level of participation.

If a less-established seller does the same theing, they just become a place for knowledgable hobbyists to buy bargains for their collection or buy books to flip on eBay or some other established auction venue.

I see your point but looking at it from a sellers point of view. If you have some quality books why would you list them with CC, them being a new auction site and all, and not with the already established houses like Heritage and CL. (shrug)

Real curious out of the 843 auctions they have, how many are actually consigned books.

You can't expect newer consignment/auction websites to reflect the "market" price via auction until the market fully participates in their auctions. ComicLink and Heritage can run no-reserve auctions without fear that books will sell substantially below market because they have built up a sufficient level of participation.

If a less-established seller does the same theing, they just become a place for knowledgable hobbyists to buy bargains for their collection or buy books to flip on eBay or some other established auction venue.

I see your point but looking at it from a sellers point of view. If you have some quality books why would you list them with CC, them being a new auction site and all, and not with the already established houses like Heritage and CL. (shrug)

Real curious out of the 843 auctions they have, how many are actually consigned books.

Maybe the books are "company" owned. hm

a couple of members of this forum have books in the auction. The reserves are certainly going to make this auction a potential flop. Based on what I've seen, a lot of the stuff I'm following will be reserve not met as I'm fairly certain the reserves are at or above GPA. I don't blame the consignors at all for wanting a safety net on this auction.

I dont blame consignors either but when you have a huge amount of books in the auction not sell through it definitely is a disincentive to look at future auctions. They were able to gather some great material too so you hope in the end this isnt the case. Sadly because of the fact that Metropolis is associated with CConnect, Im sure a lot are turning away simply because they are assuming the reserves are sky high and set by them.

You might consign with them if their commission compares favorably to Heritage and CL. And I would expect that many of the auctions are for company-owned books.

Are a lot of the books in this auction consigned books, or are they books owned by Metro that are being used to gain some power in the marketplace? I know in the past Metro has had books that "aren't currently on the market." Anyone consign or know any who consigned for this auction?

Are a lot of the books in this auction consigned books, or are they books owned by Metro that are being used to gain some power in the marketplace? I know in the past Metro has had books that "aren't currently on the market." Anyone consign or know any who consigned for this auction?

I bet you're looking at somewhere around 70/30 with 30 being non-company books. This is just a guess on my part. I could be completely wrong. :blahblah:

I bet you're looking at somewhere around 70/30 with 30 being non-company books. This is just a guess on my part. I could be completely wrong. :blahblah:

You may want to cut a hole in your trousers so everyone can hear you clearly.

You may want to cut a hole in your trousers so everyone can hear you clearly.

Yeah, I'm talkin' out my azz, but it is the best way I have found around here to carry on a conversation. :hi:

Does every book in this current auction have a reserve? 13 bids and every single one shows reserve not met :tonofbricks:
:roflmao:

6 bids = Reserve not met 6x for me.

But, you're a cheapazz. Get your books yet?

Does every book in this current auction have a reserve? 13 bids and every single one shows reserve not met :tonofbricks:

Negative. I am not cheap. I shop for bargains.

So, you're frugal, like JC. :tonofbricks:

Unlike JC, I have spent thousands of dollars with the wonderful sellers on this Board. I would buy the pimp slap 101 from you for tall coin, if you would ever get off of it.

Unlike JC, I have spent thousands of dollars with the wonderful sellers on this Board. I would buy the pimp slap 101 from you for tall coin, if you would ever get off of it.

Prove it Irish