• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I know there are Sinnott fans in the house.....

19 posts in this topic

Dr. Doom's Trophy Wall by Frenz and Sinnott

I hoped against hope I could get Joe Sinnott to work on this for me, and the stars aligned.

I am beside myself...the inker who brought Doom to life in FF #5 brings my commission to life in 2008.

At 83 years old he has more skill and talent than most of the current working artists. Amazing!!.

Thanks for looking

Chris

Dr. Doom's Trophy Wall by Frenz and Sinnott

I hoped against hope I could get Joe Sinnott to work on this for me, and the stars aligned.

I am beside myself...the inker who brought Doom to life in FF #5 brings my commission to life in 2008.

At 83 years old he has more skill and talent than most of the current working artists. Amazing!!.

Thanks for looking

Chris

Great one! Thanks for sharing that!

Congrats!!!! Looks great! I heard Joe wasn't taking on anymore work, you must have pulled in a few favors to get this done!

Yeah Joe doesn't take any work at all. It took some good friends making calls on my behalf. It also took the piece being wonderfully pencilled by Ron Frenz and the logistics being put together by his rep Scott. Joe loves working over Ron's pencils so I know that helped alot.

Joe's a class act and a wonderful talent I would kick myself in the keister if I would have let anyone else tackle Doom.

Chris

Thanks to everyone who took a look and for all the wonderful comments. If you are a fan of the FF and Doom as I am you know how revered Joe Sinnott is. I am so happy that I was able to work with Joe. I have so much respect for the man it's a dream come true.

Chris

Thanks for sharing, Chris. It must be sweet to get a piece from a living legend, and to be honest, I rate Joe Sinnott among the legends of the hobby -- Kirby, Starlin, Adams, Perez, etc. I always marvel at how a great inker makes great pages, regardless of the penciller.

Dan

lol Dr. Doom made HERBIE his b****.

It's the best possible use for that (otherwise) useless pile of bolts. :kidaround:

C

That's a fabulous piece.

Amazing that it looks as fresh as something from Joes prime.

The Thing head really looks like it could have been a Kirby-Sinnott job.

Congrats and thanks for sharing.