• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone know brainiac-5 on Ebay?

17 posts in this topic

I am about to get my first neg on Ebay and it is my fault. If anyone knows who this guy is or could intercede, I'd appreciate it. Gist of the deal is: I didn't pay attention to the terms of the auction and Paypalled him when he doesn't take Paypal. Took two weeks before I paid attention to the notices. Then he (rightfully) wants his check and I don't have his mailing address. I emailed him twice today and his only response was to open up a dispute. Any help is appreciated and the obligatory mocking will be cheerfully received.

--Sean.

I am about to get my first neg on Ebay and it is my fault. If anyone knows who this guy is or could intercede, I'd appreciate it. Gist of the deal is: I didn't pay attention to the terms of the auction and Paypalled him when he doesn't take Paypal. Took two weeks before I paid attention to the notices. Then he (rightfully) wants his check and I don't have his mailing address. I emailed him twice today and his only response was to open up a dispute. Any help is appreciated and the obligatory mocking will be cheerfully received.

--Sean.

Obligatory mocking? (thumbs u

You didn't read the terms, ignored his notices, and now expect a prompt reply? :tonofbricks:

How can you not have his mailing address if you have a completed eBay auction with him? The mailing address is on the screen detailing the auction win. You also have the right to request detailed contact information, including phone number, of anyone you have a transaction going with.

Go the the "My eBay", "Won" screen and click on the transaction number to the left of the auction title.

How can you not have his mailing address if you have a completed eBay auction with him? The mailing address is on the screen detailing the auction win. You also have the right to request detailed contact information, including phone number, of anyone you have a transaction going with.

Go the the "My eBay", "Won" screen and click on the transaction number to the left of the auction title.

This is what is located in the spot where the mailing info normally is:

Seller's payment instructions

I'll email after the auction

*sigh* Go to the site manager, and get his contact information...and just call him...I'm sure it will work out.

I'm not sure why people have phone phobia...a simple phone call, explains lots of innocent errors...good luck! I left a message for someone who forgot to pay me today and they actually PAID me;) (never responded to the Phone call..but;)

--Sean.

It won't be the end of the world.

Just hold your head up high and admit you dropped the ball on this one and you WILL send payment.

When I was in this situation I made sure the Seller had to sign for return receipt so he could not say that he "never received payment". That is why I almost will NOT bid auctions that do not have Paypal. The Money Order/check business can get tricky.

If you DO pay, and he still slams a Neg on you, wait UNTIL you receive the item, then file for the mutual feedback removal. He may or may not go along with this, but it is worth a chance. The fact that at this point you DID pay can only help your cause.

CAL :hi:

Gee Sean. I really hate that you got yourself in this situation. I wish I could I help you out, but I do not know this seller.

However, it sounds like both of you are from Ohio.

Obligatory Mocking :cloud9:

How can you pay with PayPal for an auction if the seller doesn't take PayPal? You won't have a PayPal button on the page to use, and even if they do have a PayPal account, you won't have their account name to send the money. Something's not right here.

How can you pay with PayPal for an auction if the seller doesn't take PayPal? You won't have a PayPal button on the page to use, and even if they do have a PayPal account, you won't have their account name to send the money. Something's not right here.

this used to happen to me, before we accepted paypal...folks would just "assume" we took paypal, and paypal money to our email addy...we would get a notice, but didn't have a paypal account, so the money never made it to us...I assume they get the email addy from the ebay notice that lists that info...

I finally broke down last year and started taking paypal (even though we are a credit card merchant that has accepted MC,Visa, Dis and AmEx direct for 15 years)...just teaching an old dog new tricks...

Gee Sean. I really hate that you got yourself in this situation. I wish I could I help you out, but I do not know this seller.

However, it sounds like both of you are from Ohio.

Obligatory Mocking :cloud9:

Sincerity was oozing from every bone in my body. :angel:

If you go to Paypal, there will be a "Pay" button for every Ebay auction that you win, whether they are signed up for paypal or not. It will then let you send a paypal to an un-signed-up person, I guess hoping that they will sign up to get it. When no one picked it up for 7 or ten days or something, Paypal notifies you that there is an "unclaimed payment." That is what happened here.

--S.