• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auction on Ebay 22.5 % Comission. Wow !!!!!!!!

20 posts in this topic

I bought a book recently from Heritage via Ebay and there was no extra charge :shrug:

We're referring to bidding via ebay on their Signature auctions. They charge 22.5% to bid on ebay , as opposed to the 19.5% if you bid via the website. For your reading pleasure

Thats why I won't bid on those.You will generally get outbid after the Ebay portion of the auction any way.

Why would anyone bid via Ebay at a higher comiision rate as opposed to going directly to the Heritage website at a lower but still ridiculous rate ?

If you go through ebay, Heritage passes the ebay fee on to you for a total of 22.5%. GO directly to their website and bid. Besides, ebay can be behind on bidding sometimes for DAYS! The Heritage website represents current bidding.

I would never buy from heritage... Their buyer's premium seems like arse rape :frustrated:

now if I was feelthy steenkin rich it might be a different story...

Factor it into your bid. :gossip:

For example, if the buyer's premium is 19.5% and you're willing to spend $1000 on a book, divide $1000 by 1.195, which equals $836. Bid $836, and your total spend will be $1000, the same as if there was no BP. Problem solved. (shrug)

They've got a couple sets of Harvey books up that I would dearly love to have. But there's just been too much shadiness going on with them...won't touch it.

I bought a book recently from Heritage via Ebay and there was no extra charge :shrug:

We're referring to bidding via ebay on their Signature auctions. They charge 22.5% to bid on ebay , as opposed to the 19.5% if you bid via the website. For your reading pleasure

Thats why I won't bid on those.You will generally get outbid after the Ebay portion of the auction any way.

True. Back when ebay was live and heritage was not, I "won" an item live on ebay and got invoiced. I paid for the item and waited and waited. Then was finally told that "winning" on ebay didn't always mean you won.