• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action 7 at Heritage goes for 143,000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

293 posts in this topic

ty cobb, wagner and babe ruth (shrug)

You only get a 60.

there were five members, and the other 2 were...? (hint, they were pitchers)

Walter Johnson, Christy Mathewson

would have never guessed johnson....mathewson, I think I would have gotten with cy young, so maybe 80% :acclaim:

You only get a 60.

(thumbs u Did you look? :baiting:

gehrig? cy young?

Cy Young was in the next class of inductees

dern, I totally forgot about Matthewson, or I would have guessed...figured cy young for sure :sorry:

Kind of amazing that the all-time winning pitcher wasn't included in the first class, but it's true.

this 143k on the Action 7 has really stunned me.

It is so so beyond any frame of reference I know of.It went for 10 times the price of the 4.0. I may have to become a restored collector

Sanity prevails Peter. Welcome to the club the rest of us belong to. :applause:

gehrig? cy young?

dern, I totally forgot about Matthewson, or I would have guessed...figured cy young for sure :sorry:

Kind of amazing that the all-time winning pitcher wasn't included in the first class, but it's true.

I concur....cy young came to me immediately after the first 3....I thought I remember some special circumstance with gherig, but should have known that he played into the 40's, and the first class was in the 30's?

gehrig? cy young?

I concur....cy young came to me immediately after the first 3....I thought I remember some special circumstance with gherig, but should have known that he played into the 40's, and the first class was in the 30's?

Gehrig started playing in the 20's with Ruth (part of the 1927 Murderers Row), he retired from baseball in 1939.

You only get a 60.

(thumbs u Did you look? :baiting:

No, Tim. I'm a big fan of Deadball Era baseball (and earlier). Love reading about it.

I think this is exciting, as new record prices seemingly every month are a sign of how healthy our hobby is, but I am not suprised at this price for this great book

I'm so far from this kind of big-bucks collecting that I can't tell whether you're being sarcastic or serious. Looks to me more like a swollen abscess about to pop than good health -- but what do I know?

Short-Bus Jack

.Baseball cards featuring VERY obscure players
Are you crazy? If you know about baseball you would know Honus Wagner was the Babe Ruth of his time :makepoint:

THANK YOU! You beat me to it. (thumbs u

I don't know why people always call him a no name baseball player

1 more month :cloud9:

I know!! I can hardly wait :cloud9:

Well, I still haven't heard what people think the best copy of this book is now worth

A lot more than it was last week. :P