• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PICKUP OF A LIFETIME - TEASER BUSTER

18 posts in this topic

As some of you are aware, I'm a huge Kelley Jones fan. I guess I became a fan of KJ due to Red Rain (1991), Bloodstorm and Crimson Mist. Red Rain is my favorite Batman story of all time. I think that the story and gothic style of KJ's art make it an all time classic. I actually think that it would make a GREAT big budget movie!!! Come on Christian Bale...sharpen those teeth :D

I've been collecting pages of the trilogy for about 7 years. Since Kelley doesn't sell his artwork, the pages have been scarce. In those years, I've only been able to find 2 pages of Red Rain, 11 pages of Bloodstorm and 1 page of Crimson Mist.

I was luckily enough to have spoken to another big fan of Red Rain a few years ago. I found out that he had purchased almost all of Malcolm Jones' (the Red Rain inker) estate when he passed. He just missed pages #1, #2 and #90. Between Kelley keeping his art and almost non of the inkers pages available, it's no wonder I'd only been able to find 2 pages.

I guess that I should be happy that almost half of the 90 pages of a 17 year old book were keep together in one collection for the last 10 years. Lucky for me that other collector kept my Email address. Last month, he offered me all of the Red Rain pages that he'd purchased 10 years earlier. It took a couple of months to get the deal completely done, but it was well worth it. So for the 1st time, here are all 37 pages of Red Rain together.

Page #3

3.jpg

Page #4

4.jpg

Page #5

5.jpg

Page #6

6.jpg

Page #7

7.jpg

Page #8

8.jpg

Page #17

17.jpg

Page #18

18.jpg

Page #19

19.jpg

Page #20

20.jpg

Page #31

31.jpg

Page #32

32.jpg

Page #33

33.jpg

Page #43

43.jpg

Page #42

42.jpg

Page #44

44.jpg

Page #45

45.jpg

Page #46

46.jpg

Page #52

52.jpg

Page #55

55.jpg

Page #56

56.jpg

Page #60

60.jpg

Page #61

61.jpg

Page #62

62.jpg

Page #63

63.jpg

Page #64

64.jpg

Page #65

65.jpg

Page #67

67.jpg

Page #71

71.jpg

Page #72

72.jpg

Page #73

73.jpg

Page #74

74.jpg

Page #75

75.jpg

Page #83

83.jpg

Page #85

85.jpg

Page #87

87.jpg

Page #89

89.jpg

Pages 56 & 75 are my favorite, but those are some amazing detailed pages ! - (thumbs u

It's always wonderful to see a collector achieve a goal....(unless you're into Keown Hulk pages and your name is Yoram) :baiting:

What a great bunch of pages, Hoarder! :headbang:

The scans are great, but how about a group shot of them spread on the kitchen table.

You must have been stoked opening that package. Getting a favorite page in the mail is fun, getting a huge group at once to add to such a focused collection is beyond words(I hoe to be doing the same in a couple weeks)

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS! ! :golfclap::golfclap:

Thanks for the comments folks. These pages mean a lot to me. Another thing that is cool about them is the sketches on the back of the pages. Almost half of the pages have sketches. Here are some:

Batman and Captain America

sketch10.jpg

Punisher

136.jpg

Namor and ?

sketch8.jpg

Batman

134.jpg

Unknown

135.jpg

I don't mean to sound like a jerk but those pages don't do anything for me. However, I think it's fantastic that you were able to obtain so many of your favorite pages in one collection. Good job sir :thumbsup:

I don't mean to sound like a jerk but those pages don't do anything for me.

Well, Kelley's art doesn't appeal to everyone. Those that like it, really do. Those that don't, hate it. Personally, I think his style is completely unique and original. I think it's perfect for the trilogy story.

(worship) That is an amazing collection! (worship)

I had no idea that KJ doesn't sell his art. I picked up a Sandman page years ago with a classic Sandman image in one panel. I figured it would be my one and only chance, and knowing what I do now, I'm really glad I got it!

AMAZING! Red rain is up there with the 2 deadman minis as my fave KJ work! Wonderful!!!

I love those Deadman books...... :luhv: