• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,958 posts in this topic

Thank you Mutant!!

OK, so I may start a new thread about this. Received 13 books back from CGC today, and 6 have to go back due to badly damaged slabs. 6 of 13, almost 1/2. I'm having no problems with CGC replacing these for free, and even giving credit for the shipping and handling, but why not use bubble wrap, or shipping peanuts when shipping this many?? If its about cost, well the off-set of having to reslab 6 books (just this example) AND paying for the shipping to and fro has to equal that money spent on packaging material. No?? Again sorry for the rantrant but just curious as to your thoughts. Again I'll probably move this to its own threads. (Not to mention the implications if any of the high grade spideys themselves would have been damaged...)

On to the goodies that came in today though:

amazingspider-man5794.jpg

spidey5892.jpg

amazingspider-man58.jpg

astonishingtales25.jpg

And finally these bought off of Roy:

avengers100.jpg

avengers11096.jpg

:applause: good stuff Nick

I got some books back today. I'm pretty happy with everything. I'll have the full list up later, once I take photos of the rest of the books, but for now check out this post comparing the grades given by Heritage, raw, and the grades from CGC.

Heritage was low on 4, even on 1 and high on 1.

Here's the full submission

Green Lantern 12 7.5 :)

Green Lantern 14 7.5 :)

green lantern 16 7.5 :)

green lantern 39 8.0 :)

green lantern 26 8.5 :golfclap:

green lantern 59 8.5 :applause:

strange adventures 190 bethlehem 7.5 :golfclap:

daredevil 109 bowling green 7.5 :(

daredevil 9 white mountain 4.0 (I was actually hoping it would be qualified. There's a huge piece out of the upper left corner. Gorgeous book otherwise.)

house of mystery 189 8.5 :(

fantastic four 73 8.5 :golfclap:

firehair 10 6.5 :(

Space Family Robinson Lost In Space 19 white mountain 9.0 :)

avengers11096.jpg

That #110 is one of my favorite Avengers covers. I just love all of the bright colors on that cover! :applause:

Same here. One of the few that will most likely remain in my perm. collection. Looking at the census, I was surprised how little have been found in high grade, or at least sub'd to cgc. Very low number on these.

Well, I know where all my original books are, Bill, but I am often saddened by things I did in owning them that led to damage. It is the rare book in my original collection that survived as nicely as those above did. :cry:

Well, I know where all my original books are, Bill, but I am often saddened by things I did in owning them that led to damage. It is the rare book in my original collection that survived as nicely as those above did. :cry:

Very rare indeed. I wrote my name on books that I bought when I was much younger in the late 1960's. My brother collected too, so he wrote his name on his as well. We were "marking our turf" so to speak...

doh!