• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,954 posts in this topic

This is my first CGC graded comic EvEr!!! This is my first Golden Age comic!!! This is the first 5.0 blue label comic of Adventure Comics 43. Only 8 of these comics have been graded in the world. I'am pleased to present...

IMG_0056.jpg

Two books have had in my collection for some time that I just had slabbed. The second one is in awfully nice shape for an 8.5:

Agreed. That books is sharp!!

(worship)

Did you call for graders notes??

Don't need to call for graders' notes to know the book was undergraded. I bought it in '01 or '02 as a 9.0 blue label and cracked it out (which I used to do with all my entombed books at the dawn of CGC). Standard tier continues to run harsh, from my experience.

Don't need to call for graders' notes to know the book was undergraded. I bought it in '01 or '02 as a 9.0 blue label and cracked it out (which I used to do with all my entombed books at the dawn of CGC). Standard tier continues to run harsh, from my experience.

looks slightly nicer than 8.5 to me without seeing the bc - curious about the comment - Standard tier runs harsh - you mean they're harsher on grading when submitting through the standard tier? please expand..

I didnt know trade paperbacks were CGC-able...Maybe I can submit my KINGDOM COME Absolute Edition...

KINGDOM COME Absolute Edition might be to big to be graded. I'm not sure.

Some TPB's can be graded and others cannot, it all depends on the size. As an experiment I am going to try a few old TPB's this year and see what happens.

front cover looks 8.5 to me

tanning edges+ spine, spine wear

No edge tanning and no interior cover haloing. Just three small impressions along the spine that neither break color nor paper.