• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,958 posts in this topic

I never cease to be impressed by 70's books in 9.8. The books just weren't available to buy when I began collecting in 1990. The three Avengers Byrnes that I have in 9.8 I lucked upon, and then saved for 13 years in that condition. Boy howdy, were those great $1 purchases!

Avengers #182 is my oldest self-subbed 9.8.

I'm trying to put together a 9.8 set of all 11 issues. So far, I have 3. Don't have a #184! :)

Here's another, but CGC goofed and encapsulated it with the label to Avengers #180 :boo: :

Av184sale.jpg

While this one got the label to Avengers #184.

Av180sale.jpg

If you send these two slabs in the next time you're sending us books, we'll be more than happy to fix them for you.

I'm trying to put together a 9.8 set of all 11 issues. So far, I have 3. Don't have a #184! :)

Here's another, but CGC goofed and encapsulated it with the label to Avengers #180 :boo: :

While this one got the label to Avengers #184.

If you send these two slabs in the next time you're sending us books, we'll be more than happy to fix them for you.

Thanks, I appreciate that! Think it'll be possible to get the two reholdered at Wizard Philly?

And I got back this little beauty too. Cover art by Humberto Ramos. The kid in the sketch with Spidey is my 2 1/2 year-old son Robbie.

SecretInvasion1CGC98WSSRamos.jpg

That's one of the greatest sketch ideas ever!

And I got back this little beauty too. Cover art by Humberto Ramos. The kid in the sketch with Spidey is my 2 1/2 year-old son Robbie.

SecretInvasion1CGC98WSSRamos.jpg

That's one of the greatest sketch ideas ever!

Thanks! Humberto did it for me as a souvenir of my son's first comic convention - Emerald City 2009.

When Paul Smith was at Emerald City earlier this year I decided to take a chance and get him to sign his X-Men books. Here are the results:

th_UncannyX-Men165CGC98WSSSmith.jpgth_UncannyX-Men166CGC98WSSSmith.jpgth_UncannyX-Men167CGC98WSSSmith.jpgth_UncannyX-Men168CGC98WSSSmith.jpgth_UncannyX-Men169CGC98WSSSmith.jpg

th_UncannyX-Men170CGC98WSSSmith.jpgth_UncannyX-Men172CGC98WSSSmith.jpgth_UncannyX-Men173CGC98WSSSmith.jpgth_UncannyX-Men174CGC98WSSSmith.jpgth_UncannyX-Men175CGC98WSSSmith.jpg

You suck. I hate you.

A complete run of Smith's X-Work in 9.8, signed by the man.

;)

I'll just have to content myself with having more Harby #1 9.8s than you. :P

(seriously, that's a beautiful set. Awesome!)