• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,958 posts in this topic

my 4 book coupon experiment resuts are in; subbed these because: don't understand how they grade squarebounds (which was confirmed) and didn't know how much to knock off for minor tape pull (not that much)

Strange Tales Annual #2: my est 7.5, actual grade 9.0 :banana:

Iron Man #1: my est 6.5, actual grade 8.0 :D

GS X-Men #1: my est 9.0, actual grade 9.2

Flash Annual #1: my est 9.2, actual grade 9.0 :pullhair: Motor City grade was NM

Edited by paperheart

eBay that thing before the price drops, its mad how much those go for, a 9 year old book

People have been saying that for years but the price still continues to go up. The Walking Dead is an anomoly folks. Yes it's only 8 or 9 years old but it has numerous things going for it: 1) low print run(around 7500 copies), 2) very popular comic that continues to attract new readers, 3) one of the most popular shows on TV. Over 10 million people watched the last episode.

As we all know supply and demand determine the value of almost every collectible. Walking Dead #1 might go down in value but I would be very surprised if a 9.8 was under $2,000 a couple of years from now. IMO it's a good long term investment.

Edited by raybowles

I think of the Walking Dead like this....at some point the creators will most likely walk away from the creative portion of the book and at some point the television series will end. Who knows when either will happen. Next year, ten years from now. But after that happens what will drive these books? The same could be said of lots of books but it's just something that makes me look for other books with just as much if not more potential over the long haul.

eBay that thing before the price drops, its mad how much those go for, a 9 year old book

People have been saying that for years but the price still continues to go up. The Walking Dead is an anomoly folks. Yes it's only 8 or 9 years old but it has numerous things going for it: 1) low print run(around 7500 copies), 2) very popular comic that continues to attract new readers, 3) one of the most popular shows on TV. Over 10 million people watched the last episode.

As we all know supply and demand determine the value of almost every collectible. Walking Dead #1 might go down in value but I would be very surprised if a 9.8 was under $2,000 a couple of years from now. IMO it's a good long term investment.

:eek:

Sorry haven't separated them yet but here is a photo of a bunch of comics back from CGC (all very recent) ...this is a Batman collection I am putting together FYI. Enjoy.

collection.jpg

Edited by pelayo31