• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,958 posts in this topic

Here's my Wolverine "miracle"

Pictures001_zpsc311686c.jpg

:acclaim:

Is it a real 9.8 or one of those pity books?

CGC doesn't pity Sarah, Sarah pities CGC for taking too long and upsetting the almighty MarvelFanGirl :sumo:

The only sacrifice that can appease the almighty MarvelFanGirl is free FastTrack for life (worship)

:blush:

Free Fast Track hm

My J Scott Campbell SS books from SDCC finally showed up! I was real happy with how they came back.

My Gen 13 #12 I knew was probably a 9.6, but I had no time to find another one, and I really wanted to get him to sign it as it's one of my favorite covers. And that damn Gen 13 1/2 is practically impossible to find as a 9.8, let alone signed. I even found one that was still entombed in it's original Wizard slipcase, never taken out - and it just wasn't up to snuff. The search continues...

JSC_AVSX.JPG

JSC_BLACKPAN.JPG

JSC_DANGERJETPACK.JPG

JSC_GEN13HALF.JPG

JSC_GEN1305.JPG

JSC_GEN1312.JPG

JSC_UXF.JPG

JSC_XMEN205.JPG

And special thanks to my pal Mitch for picking me up this Ebas signed book and having it bingo at 9.9 :o That was cool to pull out of the box!

EBAS_ANNUAL.JPG

I love Campbells art work but he can't draw a nose.

+1

I hate the "doo-doo noses" he puts on everyone. Hate, hate, hate.

What the hell is with it? He didn't always draw doo-doo noses.

"doo-doo noses"? Like from the color of the tip of the nose?

I've never understood the reasoning behind the darker-colored nose color scheme, which the colorist Nei does almost exlcusively. Maybe the colorist thinks there is a reason, but it's not rooted in human anatomy or in proper artistic form. A persons' nose is not several shades darker than their face, nor is the entire tip of it an area of shadow. :baiting:

But, I tend to look past that, as JSC is one of my favorite artists.

"doo-doo noses"? Like from the color of the tip of the nose?

I've never understood the reasoning behind the darker-colored nose color scheme, which the colorist Nei does almost exlcusively. Maybe the colorist thinks there is a reason, but it's not rooted in human anatomy or in proper artistic form. A persons' nose is not several shades darker than their face, nor is the entire tip of it an area of shadow. :baiting:

But, I tend to look past that, as JSC is one of my favorite artists.

I love his art too, but hate when he puts doo-doo noses on them.

Example...This, I hate...

$T2eC16R,!yUE9s6NFH6PBQo0HWL3hg~~60_57.JPG

This, I love...

$(KGrHqJ,!kwE9UziU4CQBPeE+yOzVg~~60_57.JPG

Ahh - yeah. Tomb Raider looks awesome, but I see your point on the nose. He must like the booze-nose effect on his girls. Looks like in his sketch book, he rubs his graphite around in areas for shading, the nose being one - even though it doesn't need it...

Hi All!

New the boards, not new to comics, or CGC. Have owned my own comic shop for almost 18 years (heroescomicsandcards.com), and I'm a Charter Member at CGC. Was cruising the boards last night, liked what I saw, and decided to sign up in hopes of making contacts, discussing books, and hopefully making some friends. ;)

Anyway, here are a few CGC books I've received in the last few months:

wd27_zps9963da38.jpg

wd19_zps2d23db2e.jpg

wd1_zps6017d695.jpg

action252_zps8c047b67.jpg

avengers1_zpsf8d59ecf.jpg

showcase4_zpsa8323d0f.jpg

hulk1_zps7315c2f9.jpg

af15_zps5a83abd2.jpg

I have a few more books at CGC right now (AMS #6, Batman #37-45-48-51, and Superman #44-54-55) and will post them when I get them back, which should be in a few weeks. Excited about the Batmans, as a couple looked really good, with white pages and no major flaws.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi All!

New the boards, not new to comics, or CGC. Have owned my own comic shop for almost 18 years (heroescomicsandcards.com), and I'm a Charter Member at CGC. Was cruising the boards last night, liked what I saw, and decided to sign up in hopes of making contacts, discussing books, and hopefully making some friends. ;)

Anyway, here are a few CGC books I've received in the last few months:

wd27_zps9963da38.jpg

wd19_zps2d23db2e.jpg

wd1_zps6017d695.jpg

action252_zps8c047b67.jpg

avengers1_zpsf8d59ecf.jpg

showcase4_zpsa8323d0f.jpg

hulk1_zps7315c2f9.jpg

af15_zps5a83abd2.jpg

I have a few more books at CGC right now (AMS #6, Batman #37-45-48-51, and Superman #44-54-55) and will post them when I get them back, which should be in a few weeks. Excited about the Batmans, as a couple looked really good, with white pages and no major flaws.

Thanks,

Dave

WTTB. Great start!!!