• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,955 posts in this topic

IMG_3298.jpg

That's such a great book. But I have a hard time looking at that cover. Every time I do, I'm afraid I'll start collecting pre-code horror.

I feel the same way. Thanks to folks like bomber-bob and Korvac Saga, I'm pretty sure I'll be jumping on the pre-hero Marvel horror bandwagon pretty soon.

Edited by Boboset

:facepalm:

Awesome books, but they should not be noted in the pedigree field since they arent pedigrees. The collection field was already filled in where it should be.

Awesome books, but they should not be noted in the pedigree field since they arent pedigrees. The collection field was already filled in where it should be.

CGC did the same thing with the Don Rosa collection. In fact the Boards argued about this with many believing it was a pedigree. I even called CGC and they said Don Rosa

is not a pedigree, the presence of the word 'collection' indicating thus. Hoiwever, I agree with you, it is not a Pedigree and should not be noted in the pedigree field.

Nice collection !

CGC did the same thing with the Don Rosa collection. In fact the Boards argued about this with many believing it was a pedigree. I even called CGC and they said Don Rosa

is not a pedigree, the presence of the word 'collection' indicating thus. Hoiwever, I agree with you, it is not a Pedigree and should not be noted in the pedigree field.

Nice collection !

I wondered about that as well, but figured the word "collection" would settle any confusion. I wasn't aware of the same thing on the Don Rosa books.

With a few of the restored books, or books that Harlan wrote, the collection field is jam-packed with details and there simply isn't room, so the collection provenance had to go somewhere else.

Undergrounds in those boxes yet?

Nice collection !

I wondered about that as well, but figured the word "collection" would settle any confusion. I wasn't aware of the same thing on the Don Rosa books.

With a few of the restored books, or books that Harlan wrote, the collection field is jam-packed with details and there simply isn't room, so the collection provenance had to go somewhere else.

Undergrounds in those boxes yet?

Just one book. It's curious, because the underground stuff were the first books I saw and snapped them up immediately. It wasn't until I saw the motherlode that I bought en masse. So you'd think those books would have been graded first, but they graded all the high dollar books first, and now working their way down.

Am I to believe CGC thinks the underground stuff is less important? Wouldn't think so after the new pedigree and all.

It's more time consuming to grade an underground (print verification, etc.). My submissions always seem to take longer than they should. I have one due Monday that is not even in scheduled for grading yet.

Let's see the one UG book.

:baiting:

More books from the Harlan Ellison Collection are finally rolling in.

ASM19small.jpg

ASM62small.jpg

AV58small.jpg

Thor121small.jpg

More boxes to open...

:whee:

Very cool! Can you point me in the direction about some discussion regarding the origins of these books? First I hear of them and Ellison is one of my favorite authors of all time - to me he and Ray Bradbury are two of the greatest fantasy writers of the past century.

I'd love to be able to purchase one of the books from his collection - are they available for sale anywhere?