• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,943 posts in this topic

A big thanks to Nick and the rest of the gang at Comicana for subbing these for me, a very easy hassle free experience.

SAM_07312_zps237f44cc.jpg

Looks like this one experienced some SCS. Ouch!

Yeah! Not best pleased with the way CGC have handled this one, is there anything I can do about it?

I'm going to guess that the comic easily moves back and forth in the case? If so, you might want to call CGC and tell them that the book is moving around in the case and it arrived damaged. They probably won't do anything, but it's worth a try.

The only way to fix it is to crack it out of the case, have it pressed and then re-submitted, but this will of course cost more money.

The Marvel Giant Size books suffer badly from SCS due to the fact that the covers often overhang the interiors on the right edge by quite a bit. There have been many GS X-men 1's damaged like this one. Not sure they can use the new well type since the book is so thick, so I'll be curious to see what they do on this one. Let us know how it turns out! (thumbs u

Nice haul :applause:

thanks-xmen 136 has a cracked case lower left corner that I just noticed,bummer,back it goes.

Oh yeah, you can see it in the scan :eek:

That's no good. :(