• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
47 47

18,034 posts in this topic

On 7/1/2024 at 7:30 AM, alexgross.com said:

got some nice results from cgc on these two former raw books i had picked up from a collection years ago. love steranko in his prime! 

cap110-9.6WPfront.jpg

xmen49-9.6WP-front.jpg

If that was the same collection as the one you sold all those Adams issues from... those were some SWEET, SWEET books. I still have all the X Men and GL I bought from you as I've not found nicer copies since. I'm still bitter that I wasn't fast enough to snag all of them.

On 8/13/2024 at 4:16 PM, Tom789 said:

Original owner Modern 25 book 9.6 pre-screen.  Eight 9.8s, fifteen 9.6s and two rejects.  On at least six of the 9.6s I couldn't see what dropped them from a 9.8.

The graders mood that day most likely

What is the whole thing with all the 9.9's with older comics all of a sudden?

I've been dealing this last year with crazy family issues, including three parent types in separate long term care facilites in the state I live, a college student with a broken leg since February, and other casualties.

Just trying to catch up now that my head is above water at the moment....

On 8/23/2024 at 3:43 AM, CHASEnBLUE said:

I've been dealing this last year with crazy family issues, including three parent types in separate long term care facilites in the state I live, a college student with a broken leg since February, and other casualties.

I've had hundreds of 9.8s without getting a 9.9. It is nice to see they are giving them out, and I figure 3 or 4 books in my submission that just hit grading have a shot, but it is not as if they are common. 

On 8/23/2024 at 12:43 AM, CHASEnBLUE said:

9.8 is the new grade for peasants