• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Anyone a MySpace member? Share your user ID's !!

38 posts in this topic

When I was in high school I created text adventure games with Dragon's Lair and Space Ace...lots of branching. It kinda made me feel good when I went into the computer class room and saw everyone playing it. :)

Grade 7 was pretty much my last year on the computer. That's when we started pirating every game. In grade 5 & 6, I was the kid that taught everyone else how to use the computers. Wish I would have stuck with it. Could have been a high level hacker by now. :devil:

Interesting. I first started in Grade 5 and 6...but took two years break so I could be a teenager. I got back into it my freshman year...took a year or so off...and then picked it up for good...

I still go through cycles of "I love this" and "I hate this"....

Girls took precedence in grade 8.....and I started skateboarding full-time once I hit high school. Didn't own a computer during University. It wasn't until I started collecting comics again that I picked up a laptop.

BTW - Are vintage computers worth anything?

Didn't mean to de-rail the thread.

On the TRS-80s...I remember waiting 20+ minutes for the tape cassette to load the program...what a riot. There was a "killer" game for it...it was a text adventure game...anyone remember what it was?

My first programming splurge on the Apple IIe when I attempted to re-create Joust in Basic...wow was that a task in humility. I was able to reproduce a Pac-Man mini movie on the original IBM Personal Computer (the one with the iron keyboard and whopping 4.something megahertz.). Oh yeah---with the green monochrome screen.

My first computer was a CompuAdd x286 running at 12 megahertz (when the "turbo" button was pressed in) and 1MB of RAM and 20MB hard disk...

Might have possibly of been Zork?

I had an IBM XT which sounds like what you had also. No hard drive at all and only one "floppy" drive (the 5 1/4" variety)

How many of us played Leisure Suit Larry on old computers like that? :devil:

Girls took precedence in grade 8.....and I started skateboarding full-time once I hit high school. Didn't own a computer during University. It wasn't until I started collecting comics again that I picked up a laptop.

BTW - Are vintage computers worth anything?

Doubt it, can't even sell last years equipement for half of what you bought it, since stuff keeps coming out which replaces what you bought one year ago. Basically they have a hot spot to sell, then when the newer stuff comes out, you're SOL.

I bet there are "collectors" though for vintage PC's. So probably should ask, however dunno what they'd pay :P

I remember the first PC I ever touched, mom had bought a Acer with Windows 95.

It was pretty much taboo to anyone but my brother. I would get on it rarely.

Wassent untill 2003 I actually got into PC's and here I am today. hehe.

I created a myspace page a couple years ago. Then realised the entire site was pointless and served no real purpose whatsoever. And never went back.

I imagine my profiule is still out there.

MySpace page?!? I don't even have a cell phone.

Although after we have a kid, I think I'll have to get one. :mad:

Wow! I don't know how anyone in the 21st Century survives without a cell phone, especially when it's come to people cancelling their home phones.

MySpace page?!? I don't even have a cell phone.

Although after we have a kid, I think I'll have to get one. :mad:

I wouldn't worry. Your kid won't need one for 10 years or so.