• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to make a bound volume?

37 posts in this topic

was getting ready to send some books off to get bounded and low and behold i'm missing the last issue of the run. I know I have multiple copies but have torn the house inside out and to no avail lol guess it's off to the LCS tomorrow.

doh! Been there a few times

was getting ready to send some books off to get bounded and low and behold i'm missing the last issue of the run. I know I have multiple copies but have torn the house inside out and to no avail lol guess it's off to the LCS tomorrow.

P,

Going with Capitol?

My general impression (only having used Capitol), is that if you want a cheap, basic book, to go with Library. If you want more bells and whistles, go with Capitol.

For around $60, I get a bookmark, the bands, the lines, stamping, etc. Capitol seems to be less automated, and more concerned about perfecting your book. They round the spine, check to make sure pages don't need extra reinforcement, and are more involved in making sure everything is accurate. Oh, and they do something different with the cover - I think they cut it to size before they stamp the title. With Library, because they stamp first, and then cut the cover, I have seen many collections where the titles/lines don't quite line up with each other (off by 1/4" or so).

This help?

Yes, this is excellent info for me... Thanks, Binary! The more info the better. Now, what exactly do I consider to send out? hm

I'm planning on binding a run of coverless JLA's from #1 through 30 or so....once I have them all... #1 is on it's way to me right now. I might go ahead and print out a reproduction front cover for each one to insert into the book just to add a little color.

It won't be pristine, but it'll be a fun read....anyone have coverless JLA's or B&B issues for me?

I'm planning on binding a run of coverless JLA's from #1 through 30 or so....once I have them all... #1 is on it's way to me right now. I might go ahead and print out a reproduction front cover for each one to insert into the book just to add a little color.

It won't be pristine, but it'll be a fun read....anyone have coverless JLA's or B&B issues for me?

I'm using the DC archives for these early issues. I plan on taking around 3 volumes, stripping them of their old hardcovers, and rebinding them together to match my other books.

Just sent my first submission.

Legion of Super-Heroes #1-30 Kitson Waid

JLA Year One #1-12 Kitson Waid

Empire Trade (getting it plastic bound to make the soft cover a hard cover) Signed by Kitson.

Will post pics when they come back. Hardest part of the whole thing was color choice and i'm not good at matching :(

If this works out, i'll finishing putting together barry's run on L.E.G.I.O.N. which i never see reprinted.

Empire Trade (getting it plastic bound to make the soft cover a hard cover) Signed by Kitson.

Will post pics when they come back. Hardest part of the whole thing was color choice and i'm not good at matching :(

If this works out, i'll finishing putting together barry's run on L.E.G.I.O.N. which i never see reprinted.

:popcorn:

Looking forward to seeing the results :popcorn:

I'm finally getting round to having those bound volumes done that I wanted.

Only problem is, who in the UK can do the binding??

I've contacted Blissets with no response, and I've contacted Riley Dunn & Wilson. Just waiting to hear back.

Anybody in the UK get any binding done? Please clue me in :)