• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: A few GA Gems - Superman 23, Cap Midnight 17, Fox Giant

22 posts in this topic

I'm trying to make a big purchase, so I'm letting some of my "inner circle" go, as well as an extra. I'm using last years OSPG where cited. S&H will be $6 for USPS priority in the US, more outside the US (exact shipping). 7 day return policy.

First up: Superman 23 - classic Nazi Periscope cover. I really didn't want to let this one go. I looked for a while for an affordable copy with good eye appea. As nearmint has pointed out, this is one of 2 Supey covers where he shows anger towards the enemy. This copy looks pretty decent, and has good paper. However, the cover is detached. There's also a tear on the right edge. Overall a nice GD+ (2.5) Superman war covers are very hot right now. Asking $SOLD

53719-Superman23a.jpg.ad7a7e928f076596318c8d5bce361237.jpg

Next up: Captain Midnight 17 - a classic Mac Raboy cover. I wouldn't be selling this if I hadn't upgraded. These are quite cheap relative to the Raboy Master run, and IMHO this is the best of the series. This copy has a piece off the bottom right corner (there, but detached), so I'd call it a GVG (3.0), otherwise is pretty decent and tight at the staple. Asking $SOLD

53720-CaptainMidnight17a.jpg.caf700972a52881b4b4763e4bd764c8f.jpg

Speed 35 - Nice Schomburg bondage / WWII cover. These Speeds are tough - just check the census. I bought this as a GVG from Al Stoltz, and would agree. It's tanned on the bc, but still decent. There's also a 1/4 inch chip off the bc at the bottom staple - which is detached. I paid $95, I'd like to get that out of it.

53721-Speed35a.jpg.2f814a15cb0b9550ad1cb0a4dd7d4d8e.jpg

Speed 35 - Nice Schomburg bondage / WWII cover. These Speeds are tough - just check the census. I bought this as a GVG from Al Stoltz, and would agree. It's tanned on the bc, but still decent. There's also a 1/4 inch chip off the bc at the bottom staple - which is detached. I paid $95, I'd like to get that out of it.

PM sent...]

Fox Giant - Secret Love Stories. Great seedy Fox stuff. This was a Metro VG+. It looks quite nice, but has some wear on the spine (as do most of these 128 pg squarebounds). The paper could be nicer, but isn't terrible. In fact, one of the rebound books (there's 4 rebound in here) is actually white! Kind of weird. I'd call it a VG- (3.5) or VG (4.0), but presents very well. OSPG is $80, I'd like to get $60.

53723-FoxGianta.jpg.e7ab681d230db1a2e85c89d8551b1b3f.jpg

PM sent...]

I've already placed a floor bid. :whistle:

PM sent...]

I've already placed a floor bid. :whistle:

:makepoint:lol...

I just wanted to see the back, but if you want it, Jon...or if it had been you who won the Sensation;) I'd be thrilled to see you get it;) :cloud9:

Just kidding around. :kidaround: You should totally pick up the Speed, Sharon!

Can't go wrong with that Schomburg cover...if I didn't have some GA books in transit already, I'd be all over it.

Edited after a conversation with a very honest and kind seller...

Dang why do we have to have the same taste Sharon? :makepoint:

I see many bidding wars between us in our future!

If that Speed was just a little better I'd definitely pick it up, even at double the price.

Ummm...cause GMTA? lol

I thought the back was brittle looking, but I'll take Buttock at his word...

If that Speed was just a little better I'd definitely pick it up, even at double the price.

Ummm...cause GMTA? lol

Took me a second to figure out "great minds" guess it's not so great after all :sorry:

Ummm...cause GMTA? lol

Took me a second to figure out "great minds" guess it's not so great after all :sorry:

You were just tired, the GM;) was there, but the evening hour, just slowed you down;)

Next up: Captain Midnight 17 - a classic Mac Raboy cover. I wouldn't be selling this if I hadn't upgraded. These are quite cheap relative to the Raboy Master run, and IMHO this is the best of the series. This copy has a piece off the bottom right corner (there, but detached), so I'd call it a GVG (3.0), otherwise is pretty decent and tight at the staple. Asking $70 (OSPG = $84 in GVG)

:takeit:

I'm trying to make a big purchase, so I'm letting some of my "inner circle" go, as well as an extra. I'm using last years OSPG where cited. S&H will be $6 for USPS priority in the US, more outside the US (exact shipping). 7 day return policy.

First up: Superman 23 - classic Nazi Periscope cover. I really didn't want to let this one go. I looked for a while for an affordable copy with good eye appea. As nearmint has pointed out, this is one of 2 Supey covers where he shows anger towards the enemy. This copy looks pretty decent, and has good paper. However, the cover is detached. There's also a tear on the right edge. Overall a nice GD+ (2.5) Superman war covers are very hot right now. Asking $225

per our PM's.... :takeit:

Fox Giant - Secret Love Stories. Great seedy Fox stuff. This was a Metro VG+. It looks quite nice, but has some wear on the spine (as do most of these 128 pg squarebounds). The paper could be nicer, but isn't terrible. In fact, one of the rebound books (there's 4 rebound in here) is actually white! Kind of weird. I'd call it a VG- (3.5) or VG (4.0), but presents very well. OSPG is $80, I'd like to get $60.

hm I'm intrigued. Most GA Romance I buy is either Harvey, DC, or has a Cole cover. But a 132 pager sounds fun to own.

What year did this come out? And what do you mean by a 'rebound book'?

Back cover by any chance?