• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OA Gurus: I'd Like to Learn More!

4 posts in this topic

Because I'm working on a tighter budget than most, I'm thinking of ways to pick up some art that I'd never be able to afford the original art for. I've seen that some artists sell "giclee" prints signed and sometimes include a little sketch in the signature line. I'm just wondering if this is a fancier way of selling a basic computer print out of the image, or if it is something actually worth framing? Just wondering what the rest of you think? As always, thanks for the help! :grin:

Sorry Mac Man,

A 10 second head sketch on a poster is exactly that, one micro-step above from a poster but it doesn't do it for most original art collectors.

But there are poster collectors out there and that could do it for them, so if you like it and can afford it, definitely go for it.

Otherwise, go for sketches. If you spend time and look, you can be surprised what you can do with a budget. You have to be selective and don't expect to get splashes though!

Malvin

PS nice seeing you in chat last night

Just keep saving up. Sock away whatever your monthly budget is in a savings account and when you find just the right piece, jump on it. Buy just one piece a year if that's all you can afford. But in 50 years you'll have 50 pieces of art!! (And your monthly budget should keep growing over time as well!!) :D

Hi Mac man I find that going to conventions and meeting the artist,having them do a sketch for you.It's pretty cost effective they normally charge 50.00-150.00 to do a commission.