• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Modern Age X-Men Thread

126 posts in this topic

I wonder if the new baby is really Jean Grey?

maybe. I really enjoyed the Messiah Complex storyline. I hope it leads to a renissance in the X-books.

After 25 years of collecting the title I'm dropping it with issue 500 and ending my run. I'd rather re-read the issues form the70's and 80's then the krap that is published right now. Not to mention the fact that with all the corssover BS I'd have to buy a half dozen titles I have no interest in just to know WTF is going on.

Up to about five years ago 90% of the new comics I bought were Marvel, today it's about 10% and falling fast. By the end of the year I won't be buying a single Marvel title unless there are some major editorial changes, and I see no signs of that happening. I'll miss the characters, but not the creators.

maybe. I really enjoyed the Messiah Complex storyline. I hope it leads to a renissance in the X-books.

After 25 years of collecting the title I'm dropping it with issue 500 and ending my run. I'd rather re-read the issues form the70's and 80's then the krap that is published right now. Not to mention the fact that with all the corssover BS I'd have to buy a half dozen titles I have no interest in just to know WTF is going on.

Up to about five years ago 90% of the new comics I bought were Marvel, today it's about 10% and falling fast. By the end of the year I won't be buying a single Marvel title unless there are some major editorial changes, and I see no signs of that happening. I'll miss the characters, but not the creators.

I do not like the crossover to other issues either. I use Wiki to fill in the gaps or go for the inevitable trade. However, to say that the current storylines in Uncanny are crappy is pretty strong words. They have been good, but it doesn't matter what they do, the stories will never be as good as the ones we read when we were younger. That's just the way it works.

Part of the problem is that nothing has consequences. Characters die, they come back. Professor X goes missing every couple of years, he always comes back. There is always some senses-shattering event, the status quo always reverts back.

However, even with all the flaws, I am not ready to give up just yet.

I do not like the crossover to other issues either. I use Wiki to fill in the gaps or go for the inevitable trade. However, to stay that the current storylines in Uncanny are crappy is pretty strong words. They have been good, but it doesn't matter what they do, the stories will never be as good as the ones we read when we were younger. That's just the way it works.

Part of the problem is that nothing has consequences. Characters die, they come back. Professor X goes missing every couple of years, he always comes back. There is always some senses-shattering event, the status quo always reverts back.

However, even with all the flaws, I am not ready to give up just yet.

That is the one aspect of this hobby I find really annoying: the cyclical aspect of the storylines. After a while I'm like "I've already read this before". doh!

The ones that really burn me are the ones where Professor X goes missing. I think he has disappeared at least 5 times over the course of the run. I mean, what's the deal? Can they not keep up with the man?