• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Modern Age X-Men Thread

126 posts in this topic

I was a bit disappointed with it. Ultimately, there didn't seem to be a true outcome in the story. It's all focused around the baby and the conclusion, spoiler alert, is that the baby is taken into the future with Cable. The Professor X storyline is almost more revolving than the Phoenix death/rebirth (if that can even happen).

I'm still a little unsure about the Bishop story. But they can still make his actions justifiable. I wish they'd pull Forge back into the mix.

Didn't care for the new "X-Force" idea. They kind of played around with this in the Wolverine series when Sabretooth ate the big one. Not a very strong team if everyone has the same abilities. I'd rather see a Jean Grey, Storm, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, etc story with a bunch of abilities that makes a super team (can you tell that I love the older X-men teams).

Not saying it's bad, but I expected a bit more.

Pat

You know what cracks me up in the X-Universe, they are supposed to have 3 of the strongest telepaths in the world. And yet, even Frogman can avert any telepathy attempts by the three members. Take the last issue of Uncanny. Emma can't seem to break this wild barrier that's creating a 60s/70s illusion. Just seems so goofy to me. Personally, I'd like to see one of the X-books elevate the team to a JLA-type strength but keep it a bit gritty.

Pat

:news:

Gemma has updated the Modern 301-450 sets to include the annuals.

I'm actually having a couple of probs adding stuff. Annual 18 is coming up as 0 pts, and Uncanny X-Men/Fantastic Four '98 won't add at all.

I PM'd her a note about it.

Since the thread is stagnating a bit I thought I'd post this. I'm starting my Astonishing X-men set and got this one in the mail today. Good way to start the set I think:

GS1-1.jpg

:whistle:

These books were graded last week and got me to 100% 9.8 for the 301-450 set. I finally got them scanned and just put the images into my set. Thought I'd share.

:cloud9:

328.jpg329.jpg

337.jpg348.jpg

353.jpg363.jpg

GS3.jpgGS4.jpg