• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CAN YOU PLEASE FIX THE FRIGGIN MAC SAFARI ISSUE????????????????????????

69 posts in this topic

Well, this has been the only problem I've had with my Mac... so slight problem accessing one internet chat board v. hard drive destroying viruses, software compatibility issues, cheap parts frying out in barley a year's time, etc, etc, etc... I think I'll take the Mac. ;)

Would not the world be a better place if there were only one Browser?

The alternative is for IT to create web-sites that are always transparent to all browsers - anything else is sloppy programming.

I think it's actually a PHP problem and not a CSS one.

Does that mean it should take more or less than four months to fix?

If it's right, it means that the eight people on the boards who are too stubborn (or otherwise unable) to switch from Safari to Firefox will have to wait until a programmer - not a web savvy person with a good handle on cross-browser css positioning - has time to work on it.

No company is going to put resources to fix a problem that is a) very avoidable by anyone not constrained by workplace IT stupidity like what browser you're allowed to use and b) affecting less than 1% of all users, unless they have spare programmers just lying around looking for something to do. Especially when the fix might screw up the way the site works for the other 99% of the people who use a browser besides Safari (which is actually a decent browser, by my experience).

At least, that's my take on it. Your mileage may vary

That is indeed a great site.

The funny thing is that most problems for positioning on the Mac occur equally in both Firefox and Safari, and most Safari hacks are pretty well-known...

If it's right, it means that the eight people on the boards who are too stubborn (or otherwise unable) to switch from Safari to Firefox will have to wait until a programmer - not a web savvy person with a good handle on cross-browser css positioning - has time to work on it.

No company is going to put resources to fix a problem that is a) very avoidable by anyone not constrained by workplace IT stupidity like what browser you're allowed to use and b) affecting less than 1% of all users, unless they have spare programmers just lying around looking for something to do. Especially when the fix might screw up the way the site works for the other 99% of the people who use a browser besides Safari (which is actually a decent browser, by my experience).

Stubborn? (shrug)

I just think it's odd people expect others to change their browsing habits because this website couldn't get their latest update to work on all platforms. It is also odd that of all the websites I visit in a given day, this is the only one that has had this problem (or perhaps the rest quickly rectified it and I never noticed).

Stubborn? (shrug)

I just think it's odd people expect others to change their browsing habits because this website couldn't get their latest update to work on all platforms. It is also odd that of all the websites I visit in a given day, this is the only one that has had this problem (or perhaps the rest quickly rectified it and I never noticed).

What can I say, I am a disciple of the Church of Firefox.