• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FAN EXPO CANADA returns AUG 22-24, 2008 - Canada's biggest comic event

179 posts in this topic

Thanks! I didn't even request that, it was in the pile of pieces he brought to the show to sell.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, Tiz has informed me that DALE EAGLESHAM (Justice Society of America) - has indeed confirmed that he will be appearing at the Comic Book Expo in August.

Dale really is one of the nicest, humblest creators out there. His run on Justice Society of America has been, well, outstanding and his win was well-deserved! It was really nice to see him and his lovely wife again this past weekend.

I totally agree with you guys (Jason and Kevin).

I really enjoy seeing Dale whenever he's around. He's a true pleasure to meet, and getting sketches, etc. from him is just plain awesome.

when is the updated guest list, and new convention exclusive to be posted on the main site ( hobbystar one). Just asking cuase i have a few doubters at my local shop, there calling it bull, they don't beleve the fact marvel and DAN DIDIO being there. I know its true but they say untill its posted on the site , its not confirmed. I even explained kevin is the one of the ones that gets the guests. Just asking when the site is going to be updated

Also LOVE the guests, this is by far going to be the best year ever. Thanks kevin for coming over to hobbystar, the past 2 years have been amazing, keep up the good work. Hobbystar as a whole with the complete fanexpo is making this a top notch event , rivaling the big ones in the states.

Thanks for the nice words! We're trying very hard here to make sure that the Comic Book Expo component of Fan Expo Canada is top notch and world class. Re: the website --- I really must apologize to start, as it has been a very busy couple of weeks for our team and the website has not been completely updated with all comic guests --- something that will be rectified by week's end!

The flurry of guest announcements (and I'm sorry to hear that there are some doubters out there of the legitimacy of these announcements --- I don't really get that to be honest) is an indication of SOMETHING --- in this case it's the finalization of the FAN EXPO FLYER and show exclusives. The flyer for the show was finished today and will begin it's perilous journey through the printing and mailing process to eventually make it into the world abroad over the coming weeks!

Marvel is definitely setting up. Marvel editors Jen Grunwald and John Barber will be joining CB Cebulski at the Marvel booth (CB will also have his own table). CB even confirmed this himself over at Jinxworld. http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=151333&highlight=toronto&page=4

I'll be posting the flyer graphics when they send me the final print versions.

...i have a few doubters at my local shop, they're calling it bull, they don't beleve the fact marvel and DAN DIDIO being there. I know its true but they say untill its posted on the site , its not confirmed....

Dan Slott, Dan Didio, Dale Eaglesham, Dexter Vines and Yanick Paquette have all been added to the website. I still have more local professionals to have added this week including the Marvel editors.

http://www.hobbystar.com/fanexpo2008/comicbook/guests.html

Future Jason action figure includes original art portfolio case with sketch pads and 1/2 box for comics he wants signed.

Missing the backpack.

Future Jason Variant "Con Day Two" Figure, same thing, different clothes.

Future Jason Blog Exclusive "Con Day Three" Figure - no 1/2 box of comics, but contains computer and chair, with another set of clothes and original art portfolio case with sketch pads.

A guy can dream :cloud9: