• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FAN EXPO CANADA returns AUG 22-24, 2008 - Canada's biggest comic event

179 posts in this topic

I've never had anything but positive dealings with both Adam and Allison.

Tickets have gone on sale for Fan Expo as of today, July 1. Happy Canada Day!

Angel Medina confirmed that he will be returning to the Comic Book Expo again this year.

As far as I know the majority of the comic book creators are there all three days. There may be some exceptions, and when all of the flights are booked and the schedule of events is finalized we'll have a better sense of who may miss Friday and/or Sunday due to work commitments.

Some additional guests for the Comic Book Expo @ Fan Expo Canada:

WESLEY CRAIG

Artist, Tangent: Superman's Reign - DC Comics

IVAN BRANDON

Writer, Secret Invasion - Home Invasion for www.marvel.com and Marvel Comics Presents for Marvel Comics

RICHARD COMELY

Creator of Captain Canuck

JOHN BARBER

JEN GRUNWALD

Editors, Marvel Comics

These guests will be added to the website later this week.

kevin..dumb question...if i get tickets in advance, do i skip the huge lines and go right to the dealer room (for lack of a better word). or do i still need to register and fill things out?

As far as I know if you book your tickets in advance using ticketmaster you go directly to the pickup booth line and that saves you from standing in the registration and ticket purchase lines, which are usually longer. A few people commented last year on how much time they saved in doing this.

Advance purchase of the VIP package gets faster entry into the show via an exclusive entrance, as well as a 2-hour advance entry on Friday, August 22 (from 2pm-pm).

As stated elsewhere, CGC will be setting up and accepting submissions and Signature Series requests at Fan Expo Canada this year.

Many new guests have been added to the website.

Author Blake Bell (Strange and Stranger: The World of Steve Ditko) will be signing as well as selling copies of his critically acclaimed Ditko book at the show. Blake mentioned at San Diego this past weekend that Fantagraphics has now sold out of the first printing. I finished reading the book before I left for SD last Tuesday night and I highly recommend it. It's a fascinating look at one of comics' greatest and most reclusive (and hard to understand) creators.

Very happy to announce that, courtesy of the HERO INITIATIVE:

Superstar DC Comics artist ETHAN VAN SCIVER will be joining us in August for the Comic Book Expo @ Fan Expo Canada

:o

(worship)

It's been too long since he's been in Toronto.