• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First look at the Watchmen Characters...

49 posts in this topic

Please let this be a joke.

Comedian 2/10

I just realised what this reminds me of: Keaton's irritating chirpy little grin peeping out from the batsuit :sick:

Nite Owl 0/10

Why is he wearing a bronze fat-suit?

Ozy 6/10

I can almost live with this one. Hope that's the young version though, and that there's an older version.

Rorschach 8/10

Well you can't really mess this one up can you?

Jupiter 9/10

Fine, fine. The actress certainly looks the part.

Ah whatever. It could be so much worse. Even so, why did they have to mess with it at all? Why do film makers always think they have something to contribute?

All hail Rodriguez for being the only comic book adapter with the humility and wisdom to do the right thing (thumbs u

Ever since the worst film of Tim Burton's career every superhero has to have a moulded rubber suit engraved with huge muscles. WHY? They look ridiculous!

Nite Owl is supposed to be a bit pathetic. Not a musclebound brown batman. Why does he look so serious?

In fact Oz looks like the head has been pasted on top of that body and they're not actually related.

And why has he gone all emo? It's yet another batsuit, with a pasty youth inside. Ozy should wear bright gold and purple and be the king of the squares OK!

Although that hair and ultra-fake sideburns on The Comedian are laughable, I still think Ozymandias looks the worst, and the furthest from what the GN portrayed.

Mathew Goode looks like a English soccer hooligan, and that outfit. lol

Otherwise, the rest are par for the course on a super-hero flick, not great, but passable.

Mathew Goode looks like a English soccer hooligan

No, he doesn't. At all. Hair's far too coiffed for starters. I used to go to Spurs regularly - trust me on that one.

and that outfit. lol

No argument here...the Tim Burton influence is as pervasive as ever. You immediately know they haven't captured the spirit of the book.

No, he doesn't. At all. Hair's far too coiffed for starters. I used to go to Spurs regularly - trust me on that one.

I meant how he talks, his features, how he looks out of a superhero costume, etc. That doesn't come through is a CGI'd photo with a coiffed wig on.

53874-mat_goode.jpg.3f86657ac977b3c734706dc559cd7f2e.jpg

I meant how he talks, his features, how he looks out of a superhero costume, etc. That doesn't come through is a CGI'd photo with a coiffed wig on.

I stand corrected. Should be clean shaven though.

Man, I just think the decision to make this into a film was very bad and if this is anything other than a complete disaster, I'll be shocked.

in the comments below the picks....

Posted by: alan moore on March 6, 2008 at 01:11:54

what the **** is this ****. who designed these that *** joel schu***ger.

lol lol

Didn't realize that was Moore - I just assumed it was another web malcontent.... lol

I don't hold out much hope for it, especially after the fiasco that was Constantine - but I'll go and see it anyway, even if the reviews slate it.

Trouble with the Watchmen GN is that you needed to be at least a little bit conversant with super-hero comic convention to get it...the makers of this film will assume that the audience knows hardly anything about super-hero comics, and dumb down accordingly.

I don't hold out much hope for it, especially after the fiasco that was Constantine - but I'll go and see it anyway, even if the reviews slate it.

Trouble with the Watchmen GN is that you needed to be at least a little bit conversant with super-hero comic convention to get it...the makers of this film will assume that the audience knows hardly anything about super-hero comics, and dumb down accordingly.

yep, and lose the whole post-modern angle. That's what I'm afraid of.

Comedian is ok. Mask is too big as is the hair.

Owl is a joke. He's supposed to be wormish with some gadgets right? Not some musclebound jock.

Oz - Maybe this is not a real photo. If so, it better be a young version.

Silk - At least they got the hair color and length right.

Rorschach - dead on, but how could you not be?