• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who Makes an Effort to Get Their Kids Into Comics?

8 posts in this topic

I do. I'm like a "comic book missionary."

My son LOVES Spider-Man, and this year for Halloween both of my kids have Spidey costumes.

Plus, he had a Spider-Man birthday party (see attachment), and he gets a lot of my old comics.

I'm giving out comic books instead of candy for Halloween this year.

288921-000_0149.JPG.082b7fb71f403c92fa658f005996800c.JPG

I only have one little kid who is close to me (Ben is 5 years old) and whenever he comes over, we look at comics together.

So far, his favorite is the silver age stuff (Challengers of the Unknown if you can believe it...).

My 14 year old daughter loves the Marvel Masterworks, but she thinks new comics are "to serious" and "not as fun as the old ones" and "stupid". I read a wide range of new stuff and she's not into any of it.

I don't know what you guys do but I actually live with Spider-Man and sometimes the Hulk makes an appearance (normally in the main street of our town).

With my two young boys when they do something good they get rewarded with a comic book or an action figure. A day doesn't go by wihout some discussion around superheroes.

Even the wife can discuss in depth the whole of the DC and Marvel universes.

My son is 2, so right now I do my best to keep him AWAY from my comics, because he is usually carrying some sort of food in his hand 893naughty-thumb.gif

When the time comes, I really hope that he enjoys comics as much as I did when I was a kid. I learned as much from comics as I did in school. insane.gif

Although, talking like Thor wasn't the best way to pick up chicks, methinks. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif