• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Goldenage book do you regret selling and why ?

73 posts in this topic

A long time ago... Red Raven 1 and Captain America 74.

Just goes to show you it takes all kinds. I could just as easily put my Red Raven #1 in the thread about books I don't regret selling. Never had much interest in the book and it was tough as nails trying to find a buyer. Carted that thing from show to show.

But you know what? There was an initial fondness. The Red Raven arrived the same day as Subby #1 and Human Torch #1, so we were very happy that day, and enjoyed goofing around with the books

redravenday.jpg

I think Bill needs to start a "Cool kick comic book photos I have" thread (thumbs u

NO DOUBT!!!

Bill, I want to go to your comic store that day. :o

Man, comic stores now are just book stores. And not good book stores either.

Just goes to show you it takes all kinds. I could just as easily put my Red Raven #1 in the thread about books I don't regret selling. Never had much interest in the book and it was tough as nails trying to find a buyer. Carted that thing from show to show.

But you know what? There was an initial fondness. The Red Raven arrived the same day as Subby #1 and Human Torch #1, so we were very happy that day, and enjoyed goofing around with the books

redravenday.jpg

I think Bill needs to start a "Cool kick comic book photos I have" thread (thumbs u

I couldn't agree more Ryan!

Thats why I am seriously thinking about opening a comic shop right now and doing it right! Kind of like the one you had your art show at but with GA books everywhere! :applause:

redravenday.jpg

Thats why I am seriously thinking about opening a comic shop right now and doing it right! Kind of like the one you had your art show at but with GA books everywhere! :applause:

don't do it...overhead will kill you...

keep in mind, stores like bill's did great, all PRE internet...with material so accessible these days, no way you could afford to cover overhead, as you would have to add that cost onto your books, which would put them over market value...

do a virtual store, if you must, but TRUST me, opening a store now (not talking about establishments that have been around for 15 years and proven they can weather the economy etc), will only result in lost $, and suck the fun right out for you

keep in mind, stores like bill's did great, all PRE internet...with material so accessible these days, no way you could afford to cover overhead, as you would have to add that cost onto your books, which would put them over market value...

do a virtual store, if you must, but TRUST me, opening a store now (not talking about establishments that have been around for 15 years and proven they can weather the economy etc), will only result in lost $, and suck the fun right out for you

party pooper.... :baiting:

redravenday.jpg

hm ....... gonna call you today so we can talk about this

redravenday.jpg

hm ....... gonna call you today so we can talk about this

I am at home for 30 more minutes

who did you sell it to STEVE????? hm

rick, I traded the A-Man 26 away (15 years ago?) to a local collector. He subsequently sold it and its whereabouts are unknown.... :sorry:

:frustrated:

Bill:

I'm pretty sure I visited your store at least once. Were you in uptown during the late 80s, early 90s? If so, I stopped by once or twice when I was in NO. I used to live in Hattiesburg so NO was a weekend playground.

Bill:

I'm pretty sure I visited your store at least once. Were you in uptown during the late 80s, early 90s? If so, I stopped by once or twice when I was in NO. I used to live in Hattiesburg so NO was a weekend playground.

Yep, the store is still there, but no golden age. It was up on Oak St. near Carrollton and St. Charles.

I also had a location by the lake near UNO.

redravenday.jpg

Bill, you have got the greatest photos!

redravenday.jpg

Thanks bro. There are plenty more where that came from. We used to document all the good times back then.

redravenday.jpg

I knew you looked familiar..

1547-59506.jpg

redravenday.jpg

Thanks bro. There are plenty more where that came from. We used to document all the good times back then.

Post 'em. These photos are of a bygone age, when you could find lots of decent Timelys at a comic shop. Not a frequent occurrence these days.

redravenday.jpg

1547-59506.jpg

Thats so F'n Funny!!! :roflmao: I love ya brother, but mann he hit the nail on the head there! Cheezeeee Richard!

redravenday.jpg

1547-59506.jpg

Thats so F'n Funny!!! :roflmao: I love ya brother, but mann he hit the nail on the head there! Cheezeeee Richard!

(shrug)

redravenday.jpg

1547-59506.jpg

(shrug)

Link is damaged.. (For reference, it was a pic from the Wedding singer, Adam Sandlers brother in that movie wearing a red jacket..)

redravenday.jpg

1547-59506.jpg

(shrug)

Cheese "Richard" aka Cheese Dic$! Come on buddy you have to see the resembalance to the character.....just a little!