• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Golden-Age book do you have NO regrets for selling

14 posts in this topic

how about "least" regret....that would be all my "under copies", which I only sold because I had improved grade wise (or lowered grade wise, but improved $'s wise)

Haven't regretted selling anything ... its always for a better cause (original art, or mini-grails)... haven't sold anything that couldn't be easily replaced.

Am more selective in my buying now, and only go after books I KNOW i "must have", and that I will hang onto (until a nice MARVEL #1 comes along ... hm)

Skippy's Own Book of Comics

Amazing Mystery Funnies #1

These two books were like an albatross around my neck. Took me years to unload them. I was so relieved when they were finally, mercifully, taken off my hands.

My entire collection as of 1950 (more or less). It was about 1000 books, mostly DC and mostly super heroes. As I recall, I got $100.00 for it. The reason I was glad to have done that is that while I was away at college, one of my brothers took and sold all of my books and magazines to buy booze and cigs. He missed my collection of 'Doc Savage' pulps so I still have them. Thus, if I had not sold the comics they would still have been gone.

Replacing them is a lot more expensive today.

That Jumbo 66 I bought at Wondercon when I already had a comparable copy. I put it up for sale here at my price and it was sold within a few hours. *whew*

Green Mask #1......bought it for $50 at the same time I traded/cash deal for my Planet #1 ....never liked the GM #1 for some reason (boring art story etc)....and sold it to Lee's comics along with a pile of other books via the mail for around 1/2 guide in the pre-cgc and ebay days. Made out pretty well overall and stil have the Planet #1.

My first GA comic was a Batman #10. It was really cool taking that book out of the box it was shipped in. I've probably never been so excited by a comic purchase. I loved the size and cover texture of it.

However, after a while I realized that the exterior defects bothered me. And the page quality wasn't very good. And the stories weren't too thrilling (and reprinted in the Archives).

So I decided to sell it. I can read Batman #10 anytime I want to and it wouldn't be too hard to find a nicer copy if I wanted to. So I don't really miss it.

But I do miss the feeling of holding a neat early Batman comic. :(

971659-Batman10_102305.JPG