• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COMIC CONNECT AUCTION RESULTS?

34 posts in this topic

HI ALL

where can i find what prices their books sold for?

cant seem to find it on their site???

wondering what the ff 3 cgc 9.0, ff 5 9.2, 9.4, ff 13 9.2 went for?

anyone help?

i had the same question- looked and gave up.

Seems the specific cConnect comics I was actively bidding on, I can access the hammer prices. I did not have any on a Watch list which might be a way to track the end results also.

Seems like at least 1/2 of the cConnect Event auction books were consigned by Metro due to the relatively short notice to consign comics. You can pretty well tell which books were consigned by Metro if they are willing to accept a later payment date or in person pick up from their warehouse or NYC comic-con in mid-April/08.

It's a huge record for the #13 !!! The #15 which was also was a 9.2 went for stupid money. The #26 I pushed up to $6,000 but quit and lost that book as well. The #36 went for just under $2900, while Doug has had the Bethlehem copy of the same book in the same grade for months at $1200. Needless to say by the time the CC auction ended, Doug had a sale pending at $1100. I want to put the run back together but even I'm not crazy to spend an $1800 premium for a WM. I did win two books though, FF#25 and FF #38. I went into the auction expecting to win all the WM FF's and set GPA records but not at 2.5-3.5x GPA records. I went 5x guide across the board and won two out of 7 auctions. We are talking FF's and not Mile Highs right? I told anyone who would listen that WM's are the Silver equivalent of MH's...I'm startin to look like a genius here :) :) :)

Jim

It's a huge record for the #13 !!! The #15 which was also was a 9.2 went for stupid money. The #26 I pushed up to $6,000 but quit and lost that book as well. The #36 went for just under $2900, while Doug has had the Bethlehem copy of the same book in the same grade for months at $1200. Needless to say by the time the CC auction ended, Doug had a sale pending at $1100. I want to put the run back together but even I'm not crazy to spend an $1800 premium for a WM. I did win two books though, FF#25 and FF #38. I went into the auction expecting to win all the WM FF's and set GPA records but not at 2.5-3.5x GPA records. I went 5x guide across the board and won two out of 7 auctions. We are talking FF's and not Mile Highs right? I told anyone who would listen that WM's are the Silver equivalent of MH's...I'm startin to look like a genius here :) :) :)

Jim

You should've saved all your pennies and got the ASM 1 WM instead :baiting:

thanks teddie

so did the 5 9.2 and 9.4 meet reserves?

the 13 went for $13, 900?

holy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is some kind of record for a 9.2 ff 13

I think the reserve on the 5 was around 19K and the 9.4 was around 45K but I could be wrong again on the 9.4 copy on the exact number.

Silver Age Marvels are just absolutely on fire, especially Pedigrees. It literally seems that you could put the same book up for sale month after month and continue to set new sales records. Just looking at Jim's post of going to 2.5 to 3x GPA and still not winning books is just insane.

thanks teddie

That is crazy! I sold my 9.0 a couple years ago for less than 15% of that. Wow.

thanks teddie

That is crazy! I sold my 9.0 a couple years ago for less than 15% of that. Wow.

SHEESH :o :o ...!! I'd better jack the price of my 13 up on Clink or I may have to actually sell it.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Can anyone confirm the price of the AF 15?

the 7.5 sold for 42,700

How is that freakin possible?!?!?!?! the high GPA price was only around $23,500 set just last July?? this is just stunning............ :insane:

were there any FF WM's in 9.2 between issues 20 and 40??

The answer is the book is RED HOT..This is not the time to buy an A.F15. The prices are truely staggering ths book is getting and it isnt rarity thats supporting the price[that always lasts]] its demand[ and that never lasts] at this pace.

Surely like everything else its in a hot cycle.Stocks dont go up forever,,houses dont go up forever and A.F 15s dont go up forever...if you havnt learned this lesson by now,Look out below.

The answer is the book is RED HOT..This is not the time to buy an A.F15. The prices are truely staggering ths book is getting and it isnt rarity thats supporting the price[that always lasts]] its demand[ and that never lasts] at this pace.

Surely like everything else its in a hot cycle.Stocks dont go up forever,,houses dont go up forever and A.F 15s dont go up forever...if you havnt learned this lesson by now,Look out below.

i just can't understand this latest spike. it seems beyond all reason for the price to soar that high. Thank God for midgrades or this hobby would be ruined for marvel age completists!

I hear ya, but just don't get what made this book so HOT all of a sudden. there's no movie Hype or other outside factor influencing it that i'm aware of.

as a percentage increase, i'd have to say that it's gotta be one of the most dramatic increases in a Key Books' history. we're talking around a 125% annualized increase from the highest price realized just 8 months earlier......... :o